Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 06-11-2004   #1
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Cameraman killed filming story about dangerous intersection

Full Story

Now that's irony..

OMAHA, Nebraska (AP) -- A television cameraman filming a story about a dangerous intersection was struck and killed by a vehicle, police said.

Jeff Frolio, 45, died Thursday night at Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha.

Frolio was struck about 5 p.m. Thursday while crossing the intersection to get another tape from his vehicle, Douglas County Sheriff Tim Dunning said. He walked into oncoming traffic, Dunning said.

A 20-year veteran with station KETV, Frolio was covering a story for the evening's broadcast about two teens who died at that intersection last month.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #2
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon
Re: Cameraman killed filming story about dangerous intersection

Wow, that is ironic. At least it made a point... I guess... not that people are going to drive more carefully or anything...

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #3
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

wow....thats just....wow, fuck thats irony as hell
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #4
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

damn. poor bastard. now loads of people are having a laugh at his death, because it was ironic. new entry into the darwin awards perhaps...
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #5
Kali
groingrabbingly good!

Kali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond reputeKali has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think this would count as an entry for the darwin awards; those are given to people who do stupid things aren't they? this guy was just doing his job.

what's sad about it isn't so much the irony, but the fact that drivers at that intersection haven't learnt from the death of the two teenagers years before.

i hope the story is still broadcasted, and i hope they inform viewers of what happened to this man - it's about time people took lesson from what's happened in the past. perhaps this new spin on things will make them take a bit more notice.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #6
SpudNuts
Just Bubblin'

SpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond reputeSpudNuts has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to SpudNuts

There's a roundabout at the end of the a90 dual carriageway that has a massive camber on it and every day the Lorries come rumbling down the last stretch of the carriageway, which is downhill, and struggle to stop in time for the roundabout if there are cars already on it. As a result, the big heavy loaded lorries tip violently to one side as the take this camber far too fast and it has been the scene of countless lorries tipping over.

As far as I know, nobody has been killed there in a fair while and so statistically its a "safe" peice of road but the number of times I've seen people standing with their dog or something waiting on the exact piece of land that the lorries land on is huge and I'm just waiting for the day somebody gets flattened there.

Alba gu brąth
SpudNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #7
ImissYouKAYLA
Newbie Member

ImissYouKAYLA has made a few great posts

Hi, my name is Taylor Jarrett, I'm 17, and I am a junior at Elkhorn High School, and I was a very close friend of Kayla Wilkins, one of the 2 teens that died at that intersection last month. I ask that you please do not poke fun at this horrible accident. Obviously, now a new family greaving, as well as the 2 who were already mourning a loss of a loved one. What this article doesnt tell you, is that right at the same time, purely by coincidence, Kayla's mom Shelly was driving by, saw the LifeFlight helicopter land, and had major flashback from the night of Kayla's accident, and her Helicopter ride to the hospital. She fainted and had to spend 2 hours in the emergency room, as she had major breathing difficulties. In a way, the family's of the Kayla and Nick (the other kid that died) feel guilty about Jeff's death, because they know if their kids hadn't had died, Jeff would not have been at that intersection, and he wouldnt have gotten hit by that car. I ask that you PLEASE do not make fun of this guy, the whole community is still mourning the loss of 2 kids, that I personaly know were OUTSTANDING people, with deep Christian faith. And now we have to deal with another death. Please Pray for our community, and all the families involved in these horrible events. Like I said, I was very close to Kayla, and since her death have become very close with her family, and I know how hurt Jeff's death has made them, ontop of the pain they already had from losing their daughter. Please pray for Kayla's family, for Nick's family, for Jeff's wife and 3 kids he left behind, and also for Cori and her family, (Cori is Kayla's best friend, and she was driving the car the night they got broadsided by a pickup truck, and Kayla and Nick died. She is still blaming herself for the accident). So I ask that you please pray, if thats something you do, but regardless, once again PLEASE dont make fun, these are real people, not just names. Everyone here is dealing with more pain then anyone should know, hell especially at this age, were just kids, and alot of us have had to grow up fast over this last month. I have some links, as well as video links, that you can read if you want to know more about the crash, as well as the accident envolving Jeff. They are:
http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/3273361/detail.html (article)

http://www.theomahachannel.com/video...21/detail.html (video)

http://www.theomahachannel.com/video...28/detail.html (video)

http://www.theomahachannel.com/video...98/detail.html (Jeff was the cameraman during this interview) (video)

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/3406731/detail.html (article)

http://www.theomahachannel.com/video...27/detail.html (video)

Please look at these, they realy tell the story of what we are all going through. They only take a few seconds to load up. They really tell what were are all going through. I dont mean to sound preachy, but the next time you laugh at a news story, please remember that its not just names, but real people with families who are hurting. Thank you all so much for you time.

Last edited by ImissYouKAYLA; 06-12-2004 at 11:01 PM.
ImissYouKAYLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #8
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute

we weren't making fun of them. we were just stating that the circumstances were ironic. Ironic and amusing don't always go hand in hand. I'm sorry if i made it seem that way.
Old 06-12-2004   #9
a friend

May God Bless David Frolio ( Jeff's 15 year old son )
Old 06-12-2004   #10
Wobbie
Is Back

guests can post now?
Old 06-13-2004   #11
moocow44
Procrastination Street.

moocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to allmoocow44 is a name known to all

oh wow.

Fuck Your Scene.

http://www.myspace.com/arikakaosa
Spread The Word
moocow44 is offline   Reply With Quote