Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Threads That Never End

Threads That Never End They go on and on my friend.

Old 12-12-2007   #8481
misfitchris
zer0.

misfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to misfitchris
Re: what song are you listening to right now?

Big Black - I'm a mess

Don't you just love it when the end result is greater than the sum of its parts?
misfitchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #8482
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

Iron Butterfly - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" (full-length version-all 17 1/2 minutes of it )

Interesting and rather funny trivia: Led Zeppelin warmed up for Iron Butterfly at one of their shows; One year to the day later, the Butterfly warmed up for Zep
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 IRON BUTTERFLY - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (excerpt).mp3 (313.7 KB, 0 views)

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)

Last edited by ablethevoice; 12-12-2007 at 08:29 PM.
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #8483
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

---------------- Now playing: Crass - Do They Owe Us A Living? via FoxyTunes

OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DO!
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #8484
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

Kittie - Safe

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #8485
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Go eat your damn Hardees boy! Speaking of, I gotta checkz on my fishes... and I'm still listening to Crass.

---------------- Now playing: Crass - Punk Is Dead via FoxyTunes
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 12-12-2007   #8486
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

eaten it already mate haha

Cradle Of Filth - Saffron's Curse

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #8487
misfitchris
zer0.

misfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart godmisfitchris is an Almost Smart god

nin = the way out is through.

Don't you just love it when the end result is greater than the sum of its parts?
Old 12-12-2007   #8488
misfitchris
zer0.

Quote:
Originally Said by JaSunTzu View Post
---------------- Now playing: Crass - Do They Owe Us A Living? via FoxyTunes

OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DO!
ah /remembers

Old 12-12-2007   #8489
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by misfitchris View Post
ah /remembers

Yeah... unfortunately, something once upon a time fucked up my music hard drive. So I got about halfway through that Crass album and it froze up my winamp.

That's not gonna stop me from listening to this though!

---------------- Now playing: Crass - So What via FoxyTunes

"They ask me why I'm hateful, why I'm bad.
They tell me I got things they never had.
They tell me go to church and see the light.
Cos the good lord's always right.

So what, so what.
So what if Jesus died on the cross.
So what about the fucker, I don't give a toss.
So what if the master walked on the water."

-=-=-=-

Damn I used to be so hateful towards religion. I said some mean things to people... especially listening to Nagasaki Nightmare.

Oh Crass, how I loveth thee!

"They say that I had better keep quiet
Or they're gonna douse my light.
Jesus Christ can save my life,
But I can always use my knife.
So what, so what, so what, so what, so what, so what, so what, SO WHAT."
-=-=-=-
Old 12-12-2007   #8490
EmperorChaos

---------------- Now playing: Zao - breath of the black muse via FoxyTunes

This is the new Zao. The non-religious Zao. From the album "The Funeral of God".

Of course, what I am reading now on Wikipedia is they are once again a band composed of all Christian members, since Jeff Gretz left the band. (Gretz is the fucking awesome drummer for From Autumn to Ashes).
-=-=-=-
Old 12-12-2007   #8491
misfitchris
zer0.

grinderman - no pussy blues

Old 12-12-2007   #8492
misfitchris
zer0.

a place to bury strangers - missing you

Old 12-12-2007   #8493
misfitchris
zer0.

rasputina - rats

Old 12-12-2007   #8494
EmperorChaos

---------------- Now playing: Zao - live...from funeral of god via FoxyTunes

Yeah, still on Zao. I can't listen to random music...only albums. And I'm still on the same album because I had to take a hiatus to watch me some Jeopardy!
-=-=-=-
Old 12-12-2007   #8495
Xaquery
Trainee Member

Xaquery has made a few great posts
Send a message via MSN to Xaquery Send a message via Yahoo to Xaquery

Now Playing- Hey Jude

We have memories so that we may have roses in December. - Me
Xaquery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #8496
misfitchris
zer0.

some days i play whole albums some days i randomize.
today ive listened to 2 whole albums and 2 half albums and randomized the rest.

np: lou reed - rock 'n' roll.

Old 12-12-2007   #8497
EmperorChaos

If I randomize, there's a good chance I'll play one of the songs that seems to be missing data. It'll cause my computer to freeze. I'd rather just listen to each album individually and slowly find all the bad files, than just delete my entire 50 gigs of music.

---------------- Now playing: Between the Buried and Me - Decade of Statues, The via FoxyTunes
-=-=-=-
Old 12-12-2007   #8498
misfitchris
zer0.

how is a single file crashing your computer? you must not be doing something right.

Old 12-12-2007   #8499
ablethevoice
Vintage Human

ablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond reputeablethevoice has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ablethevoice Send a message via Yahoo to ablethevoice

Cab Calloway - "The Hi Dee Ho Man (that's me!)"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." —Albert Einstein

“It's fortunate for governments that people don't think." - Adolph Hitler

Sturkis akidit ("shit happens") - Latin

Bent Ears Audio Laboratories - Better Music Through Chemistry

MUSIC IS LIKE CANDY. IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN YOU GET RID OF ALL THE RAPPERS.
))#####D~~~~ (_l_)
ablethevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #8500
misfitchris
zer0.

esquerita - rockin' the joint