Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Front Page

Front Page The threads which appears on the front page. Add your comments or create your own front page threads.

Old 11-11-2010   #1
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
IRC Chat #AlmostSmart is Back!

Christian and I are tearing it up in #AlmostSmart on Rizon servers.

I've registered the channel and added Morgoth to it.
What this means is that you have the option of Registering your nick name with NickServ. /msg NickServ HELP for more info.

Or you can /msg Morgoth ohai and introduce yourself to her. Follow her commands to set a password and when I notice I can change your attributes on the bot for auto-op and friend status.

None of this is really important for we'd have no reason to kick or ban anyone. But it looks fun...

-=-=-

If you don't have a favorite IRC client to use, I recommend the online IRC service Mibbit.
Go to http://www.mibbit.com
Select the RIZON IRC network (or manually enter the server irc.rizon.net)
Choose your nickname.
Join the channel #AlmostSmart

You're all set! You can also create an account at mibbit.com so you won't have to do this every time.

-=-=-

If you do have a favorite IRC client. Follow these simple commands.
/nick whatever
/server irc.rizon.net 6667
/join #almostsmart

SEE YOU THERE!
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #2
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian
Re: IRC Chat #AlmostSmart is Back!

If you want, you can download an IRC client [here]
Old 11-11-2010   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

it's easy to get into this chat.

Go to http://www.mibbit.com
Select the RIZON IRC network (or manually enter the server irc.rizon.net)
Choose your nickname.
Join the channel #AlmostSmart

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #4
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah! Christian and I are now chattin' it up. Good times. ;)

Thank you for setting this up, EC. :)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010   #5
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Good times, indeed.

But now I really have to hit the hay, it's 5 a.m. here ^_^
Old 11-11-2010   #6
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
Good times, indeed.

But now I really have to hit the hay, it's 5 a.m. here ^_^
Indeed. :)

Sleep well! Yes, that is rather early--and you know when you're going to sleep under that description, you're probably a bit overdue. ;) But yes, good night! Thank you (and "Iasov") for the chat. :)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 11-12-2010   #7
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I am Iasov.
I am cool.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 11-19-2010   #8
EmperorChaos

Added auto-op attributes to FoxyPhoenix...

Also, apologies to any who've joined and were looking for me as I haven't been around.

But tonight I get to stay online all night and do eRepublik stuff.
I'm the President of the Libertarian Party, bitches!

And pD, keep trying and one day someone you'll want to talk to will be on my channel.
-=-=-=-
Old 11-19-2010   #9
EmperorChaos

Or you can be like Jenn:

* Jenn_and_Tonic (cgiirc@Rizon-9255A1A7.dsl.okcyok.sbcglobal.net) has joined #AlmostSmart
<Morgoth> [Jenn_and_Tonic] "I wanna eff you too."
* Jenn_and_Tonic has quit ()

And stay for about one minute without saying my nick so that I had no idea she was there.
-=-=-=-
Old 11-19-2010   #10
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

I got bored.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #11
EmperorChaos

Short attention span.... but sorry it is boring. I could invite the Trivia service to the channel if you'd like?
-=-=-=-
Old 11-19-2010   #12
EmperorChaos

* Jenn_and_Tonic (cgiirc@Rizon-9255A1A7.dsl.okcyok.sbcglobal.net) has joined #AlmostSmart
<Morgoth> [Jenn_and_Tonic] "I wanna eff you too."
<Jenn_and_Tonic> iasov
<Jenn_and_Tonic> you gotta invite the trivia
* Jenn_and_Tonic has quit ()
>funserv< request trivia #AlmostSmart
-FunServ- Checking if you are the channels founder.
* Trivia (trivia@rizon.net) has joined #AlmostSmart
-FunServ- Added trivia bot to channel #almostsmart

-=-=-

I won't be around to join you but there it is.

To Start - .trivia #
To Stop - .strivia
Top Ten - .tt
Ranks - .ranks

Enjoy.
-=-=-=-
Old 11-19-2010   #13
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post

But tonight I get to stay online all night and do eRepublik stuff.
I'm the President of the Libertarian Party, bitches!
Libertarian Party is IMO the party of rationality and common sense on the whole.
If Ron Paul was getting as much media exposure and as much of a voice that Palin is getting and then decided to run in 2012, I think be would have the best chance at beating Obama.

I went on your chat twice and nobody else was there.
"God is the shaper of your heart. God does not display his work in abstract terms. He prefers the concrete, and this means that at the end of your life one of three things will happen to your heart: it will grow hard, it will be broken, or it will be tender. Nobody escapes." - Ravi Zacharias
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #14
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
Libertarian Party is IMO the party of rationality and common sense on the whole.
Agreed... although the Libertarian Party in eRepublik is hardly like the its RL counterpart. This is due more to game limitations than anything else though.

That and the fact that until I won the Party President Elections four days ago, the party was known as the American Defense and Trade Party. We were the Libertarian Party when I was active in it all of last year but when I quit playing eRepublik from May to August it went through some changes.

So after bouncing around from party to party for the last two and a half months, and deciding I didn't like any of them as much as I liked my old one, I decided to run for Party President.

I even won the elections with plurality against two high-ranking members of the ADTP. No one knows how I pulled it off... ;)

Quote:
If Ron Paul was getting as much media exposure and as much of a voice that Palin is getting and then decided to run in 2012, I think be would have the best chance at beating Obama.
What is interesting about the Libertarian Party of eRepublik is, well, not only is it one of the OLDEST parties in the game (a game that, as of today, is celebrating its three year anniversary) but it has also been the most populous party of all eUnited States parties named after RL political parties and, with one exception, the only extant RL political party to remain a Top 5 Party for its entire time in existence. The exception is the eRep Republican Party, which was the fifth largest party in the eUS for only two months. Compare that to the Libertarian Party who has been the in the Top 5 for a few months shy of three years.

I don't know about you, but I like to take that as a sign that people prefer Libertarians to the GOP but are too fearful, understandably, to vote Libertarian in elections (since it is essentially a vote for the Democratic Party).

I've met a lot of libertarians who play the game.

Quote:
I went on your chat twice and nobody else was there.
Yeah, it has been hard for people to all meet up there. I missed foxyphoenix when she came on the other night. Christian is usually there for most of the day. Jenn and Tonic comes in goes. pD shows up for a few seconds and then disappears. ZPicante hasn't been as active as of late but I'm sure she'll be there from time to time.

I've started inviting people from eRepublik to join #AlmostSmart (and at least one person has signed up on these forums) so there'd be someone to talk to.

There's more to IRC than just that channel, although most of the ones I know are all either eRepublik- or anime-related. If you like flirting with 20-somethings, honestly the best place is the IRC channel for the eUS Military Training Corps. Type /join #tc to get in there.

But don't you dare let them talk you into playing eRepublik and don't you dare sign up with one of their referrals. If they do want you to play and you want to as well, I'll not bitch if you join up with them (by them, I mean the MILITARY and not the fact that so many ranking officers are women) but I will bitch like crazy if you don't use my referral link.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Iasov

That goes for anyone! Go on, join the military because it has more women instead of the political parties. You just better use my referral! That's all! I NEEDZ GOLD! I sank 25 gold into my recent election campaign! Consider that, in a month's time, a new player who works and trains (known as two-clicking) EVERY DAY for THIRTY DAYS might accrue anywhere from 18-23 gold from the four Treasure Maps one would earn in that time.

Damn this is probably a long ass post now.
-=-=-=-
Old 11-20-2010   #15
EmperorChaos

MyDragonsLady (cgiirc@Rizon-5A98E9EC.hsd1.sc.comcast.net) has joined #AlmostSmart

Nice try Dana.
-=-=-=-
Old 11-20-2010   #16
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

^lol i was going to give you a hard time but i knew you would know it was me hahahaha

i just wanted to feel for a second how it felt to be your online nemesis
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010   #17
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

lol dana

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010   #18
EmperorChaos

Everyone misses one another. It's cute.

* Christian_ (~Christian@Rizon-EB2C103E.pools.arcor-ip.net) has joined #AlmostSmart
* Christian_ has quit ()
* Phoenix_ (~Phoenix@E440CF92.F724A598.7DA5C03C.IP) has joined #AlmostSmart
* Phoenix_ has quit (Quit: Phoenix_)
* peeves (cgiirc@Rizon-DEC3503.lsanca.fios.verizon.net) has joined #AlmostSmart
* peeves has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
* Christian_ (~Christian@Rizon-7A49D971.pools.arcor-ip.net) has joined #AlmostSmart
* Christian_ has quit ()
* You are now known as iasov

Quote:
Originally Said by GoddessDivine View Post
^lol i was going to give you a hard time but i knew you would know it was me hahahaha

i just wanted to feel for a second how it felt to be your online nemesis
You could have been blasted into oblivion!
-=-=-=-
Old 11-20-2010   #19
Zanahoria_Picante

Who is "peeves"?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 11-21-2010   #20
Christian
Super Moderator

I have no clue, but he is online right now:

* mib_xfoqw6 (cgiirc@Rizon-DEC3503.lsanca.fios.verizon.net) has joined #AlmostSmart

..not that he (or she) said a word yet.

Tags
biscuits, buckette, eggdrop bot, irc, liberty, xkcd