Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Art & Photography

Art & Photography Right-brained and shutterbug hangout. Post and discuss art and photographs, self-created or otherwise. Also show off your digital graphics, wallpapers, or desktops.

Old 11-18-2008   #81
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Christian's photography and stuff

(Missed this before)
Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady
I'm not aware of anything that appears so authentically gothic in the Chicago area. Perhaps cstoll is.
Nor am I. Nor am I. Though I am not really familiar with the city, I don't recall seeing any architecture quite as epic or authentically Gothic as those structures in Christian's photos, either. But they do have a lovely art museum there, and things.

Christian, those are brilliant, once again. The swans are especially wicked...ly cool. Sunlight always adds a little magic.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #82
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Hehe, but you have some realy nice architecture down in Chicago, maybe not gothic, but realy special. Could tell you so many places (like places around the cahnnels there, bridges) but its hard to name there. Funny is that i know most of the places just from a (very old) game, rechecked with google-earth.

I was nearly blind on Sunday as i took the sun-photos, but yea, sun can make photos realy special.

I like the 4th swan photo, the waterdrops are cool, got some "ohh" as I checked that hpto the first time.. (not to mention the squirrel ones^^).
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #83
Zanahoria_Picante

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
Hehe, but you have some realy nice architecture down in Chicago, maybe not gothic, but realy special. Could tell you so many places (like places around the cahnnels there, bridges) but its hard to name there. Funny is that i know most of the places just from a (very old) game, rechecked with google-earth.

I was nearly blind on Sunday as i took the sun-photos, but yea, sun can make photos realy specia
Oh, no doubt! It is quite a sight to behold, that city.

And yes, best not look at the sun directly for too long. 'Tis inadvisable. Better to indirectly take advantage of its photo-enhancing ability.

Quote:
I like the 4th swan photo, the waterdrops are cool, got some "ohh" as I checked that hpto the first time.. (not to mention the squirrel ones^^).
I agree. The second and third ones aren't too shabby, either (fantastic, in fact, they are). The squirrel ones just make my heart sing, as seeing those tiny creatures always does. *Beams*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Old 11-18-2008   #84
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, i love those too, and finaly they let me take photos from them and not just run away^^

I was only watching into the sun through my cam, but the light was bright enough so everything seemed kinda dark to me for a while
Old 11-18-2008   #85
Zanahoria_Picante

Quote:
Hehe, i love those too, and finaly they let me take photos from them and not just run away^^
Heh. Cheeky squirrels.

They are quite difficult to capture (in any fashion). My best success:

Still not as good (or amusing) as yours.

Also, randomly stumbled upon this old picture, which I think is Chicago (either that or Milwaukee; can't recall). At any rate, its structure seems pretty Gothic-esque (if not authentically so):

Heh. As long as you don't look at the sun...at length...through a telescope, you should be fine, methinks.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 11-18-2008   #86
Christian
Super Moderator

cute one :D

The last one doesn't look that bad, i realy like random city photos that show the daily life. Took a few like that as i had been in Denver too^^
Old 11-18-2008   #87
Christian
Super Moderator

I had today, tuesday, the 18th November, a free day again so i grabed my stuff and went on the same hike i did on sunday, jut a bit earlier. The sky was totaly govered by low clouds, so it was kinda dark and it started to rain a bit as i started my hike.

I took the bus for a few station and chose an a bit different way along the tracks of the S-Bahn. While i walked along a small path a bit away from the tracks, between the last houses of berlin and a huge fence that should keep you away from the rails i spoted some old tracks again. I climbed through a big hole in the fence and took a few photos.

1 rail1_med.JPG1 rail2_med.JPG
Old tracks, they stop directly at the border, but must have one further before the Berlin Wall got build.

My hiking destination had been an old training ground of the US forces in Berlin, right at the end city boundary next to the former Berlin Wall. It had been called "Parks Range" (aslo called 'Doughboy City') and got used until the last forces left Berlin. It was used to train urban assault and the defending of Berlin, so they constructed a little city on it, they also build up a subway-station over the ground.

The whole training ground got demolished in 1994 and cleared, so nature can take over the place again.

As i came close to that area, i spoted a large whole in the the smaller fence, that was around the area and there was also a way leading into it.

1 flower1_med.JPG1 flower2_med.JPG
High gras and flowers in the outer perimeter, fence to the inner one in the background.

I followed a 'trail' next to the second fence..

2 fence1_med.JPG2 fence2_med.JPG
Part of the fence around the inner perimeter.

gras_med.JPG
The whole area was covered by high gras.. I like high gras!

..until I found a hole in the larger fence, leading into the inner perimeter. I just wanted to risk a little view, but I stayed a longer time inside, was a bit afrait of boars but i think there arn't any..

2 flower3_med.JPG2 flower4_med.JPG
I don't have any idea what the second one is^^

2 meadow1_med.JPG2 meadow2_med.JPG
Never seen such a bright meadow in november, everything around was grey or brownish.

I had a hard time today to get my photos focused and sharp, don't know why.

I continued to explore the old training ground..

3 street1_med.JPG3 street2_med.JPG
Old streets, the houses around got all decomposed, nature took over again.

I heard some noises as i took the last photo, and right next to me was a used paddock and 4 horses where staring at me, they seemed kinda huge from my position and scared me the first second, thought I am alone there..

horse_med.JPG
..havn't thought the area is used for something, so i contined my tour a bit faster and took my last photos of things i spoted from my position and havn't been to far away like..

3 bridge_med.JPG
that old bridge.. I wonder what they made them for, there arn't bridges like that in Berlin ^_^ I scared a bunny (BUNNY!!) as i took that photo, to bad he was to fast for me (and he scared me too, grrr!)

I also have seen some strange hills, that could have been that over-ground subway station i heard from, so i climbed the slipery hill up.

3 rail3_med.JPG
Last rails of the decomposed subway thingy, the track directly ended there. All the rest got

Since I was a bit suprised that the area is used for something (what expalined all the 'droppings' on the ground at least) i decided it would be better if I get out of there.

It wasn't dark yet (but would darken soon) and i wanted to pay the skull another visit. The field of the last time is right next to that old training ground, but in the eastern part of germany, so I went to it.

As soon as i got near the field, it got windy and cold again, because i lost the cover of the little forrest. It aslo started to rain a bit more heavy.

4 field1_med.JPG4 field2_med.JPG
They left one corn and three other plants survived.

I made my way trhough the field back to the skull, and yay!, it stil had been there. Wanted to take some mystic photos because of what happened last time..

4 skull_med.JPG
..but I think I failed. I took dozen of photos of it but i didn't got any good, most had been very unfocused or blurred. That skull is realy mystic, am a bit afraid now ^_^

(I guess the paddock may explains why i found that horseshoe, but why had it been on that skull..)

It got dark very fast and it started more and more to rain, so I went back, but not without taking a few more photos..

5 lamp1_med.JPG
I like those lamps on wooden poles.

5 star_med.JPG
Someone placed already some Christmas illumination.

I needed to pass two tunnels on my way to cross some railtracks.

5 train1_med.JPG
I waited in them for about 10 minutes to take the first photo, next time I have to take my tripod with me *sighs*.

5 train2_med.JPG
As i went out of the tunnels, a 'S-Bahn' (translated: suburban/commuter-train) was coming too, heading to its second station. To bad it was already to dark.

Now it started to rain kinda heavy, so I walked back home a bit faster, but i needed to try to take a last photo:

5 lamp2_med.JPG

To bad it was so rainy today and havn't found many good things to take photos from, but it was funny too.

..and I had the same song in my ears again, need to ged rid from that earwig ^^ Its funny and starnge somehow to hear that all the time in you while hiking through empty, abandoned places and taking photos of dead things. ^_^

Last edited by foxyphoenix; 11-20-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2008   #88
Tala
iGor

Tala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond reputeTala has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooooo I really like one of the field with the focused white flowers. Very nice! And the one with the purple flower is really good too. Sehr gut!
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
~ T. S. Eliot
Tala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #89
Christian
Super Moderator

Hehe, thanks.

It got hard to find good motifs and the weather is kinda bad the last days. It will get even more hard if it starts to get cold, don't own clothes for large hikes at very low temperatures .
Old 11-21-2008   #90
Christian
Super Moderator

I made a little touristic tour through the centre of Berlin after my classes on wednesday the 19th November. The weather was realy bad, it had been dark and it started more and more to rain douring my hike. Sometimes it was kinda freezing in the rain with stronger wind coming up and i had a hard time again to take good photos. Needed to edit a few photos to make them brighter, also played with sepia-colours a bit^^

From the begining of my hike i had this bad earwig, nearly made me crazy ^_^

1 train_med.JPG
Took that photo as I driven to my classes.

1 mapc.GIF
My hiking route. Letters a-k are marking special places i took dozen of photos from.

First i payed the library another visit:
1 library1_med.JPG1 library2_med.JPG1 library3_med.JPG
(a)

2 museum_med.JPG
Facade of the 'German Historic Museum'. (b)

2 dome1_med.JPG2 dome2_med.JPG2 dome3_med.JPG
The 'Berlin Dome', It is located on a small isle in the middle of the 'Spree'. Last photo is from the side where you can see the river. (c)

2 statue_med.JPG
I guess you know who these two are. They are demolishing the old 'Palast of the Republic'. (d)
*sighs* I loved that building..

It started to rain a bit more..

3 tower1_med.JPG
'TV Tower' (i),

3 townhall1_med.JPG3 townhall2_med.JPG
'Red Cityhall' (e)

3 old_med.JPG
..and another old building, had a hard time to take a photo from it.

I spoted an interesting church from far away, decided to go there and found myselfe in the middle of a (very!) small historic district that appeared like a little old isle iwth the church as centre surrounded by older buildings (f).

4 churcha1_med.JPG4 churcha2_med.JPG4 churcha3_med.JPG4 churcha4_med.JPG4 churcha5_med.JPG

5 churcha6_med.JPG5 churcha7_med.JPG

I walked around the 'Isle' and left that little bijou. It didn't took very long until i spoted the next church, next to an old bombed abbatial church (g).

5 churchc_med.JPG
Another little church.

This one is an old destroyed abbatial church. It was founded in the year 1250 and bombed at the 4th April 1945 by US and UK forces. The rubbles got ablated and the ruin secured. The ruin is used for theatrical performance and concerts since 2003/04. (g)

6 churchb1_med.JPG6 churchb2_med.JPG6 churchb3_med.JPG6 churchb4_med.JPG6 churchb5_med.JPG

It was more and more raining and I needed to clean my lens very often..

8 house_med.JPG
'House of the Teacher' (h)

I didn't needed to be afrait of guys who hunt me, there had been hundred of cops and federal police around the whole centre of Berlin:
8 cops1_med.JPG8 cops2_med.JPG8 cops3_med.JPG8 cops4_med.JPG
They made a headquarter out of several police-cars (last two photos). (near i)

The cops had been there because of the soccer match Germany vs. England (result: 1:2) to prevent trouble at the important stations and tourist attractions.

9 clock1_med.JPG9 clock2_med.JPG
'World Time Clock' (showing Denver and LA)

9 tram_med.JPG
Tramway

'TV Tower' (i):
9 tower2_med.JPG9 tower3_med.JPG

10 tower5_med.JPG10 tower6_med.JPG10 tower7_med.JPG

Then rain started to annoy me, needed to clean my lens everytime before I was able to take a photo.

There is also an old church (founded in 1292) next to the 'TV Tower' (j).
10 churchd1_med.JPG10 churchd2_med.JPG10 churchd7_med.JPG
(i like sepia-tones^^)

I was freezing a bit and i needed to delete a few photos so I have more space on my small card for a few more photos, so I gone inside..

11 churchd3_med.JPG11 churchd4_med.JPG11 churchd5_med.JPG11 churchd6_med.JPG

Heavy rain and a strong wind waited for me as I exited the church to go to the THW (like I (need to) do every wednesday), so i walked a bit fast, not without taking a last photo from the St. Hedwig's Cathedral (k):

11 churche_med.JPG

I was totaly soaked and went to the 'Brandenburg Gate', just to see how it looks in the rain. I took the subway to my weekly service and tryed to dry myselfe. Everything I visited this time had been in the eastern part of Berlin and i'll go there another time if the christmas illumination got switched on.

Sorry Foxy that it is so much to merge this time, realy thank you

Last edited by foxyphoenix; 11-23-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: User-requested.
Old 11-21-2008   #91
Hamana
jaaa, klar.

Hamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Hamana Send a message via Yahoo to Hamana

Quote:
It started to rain a bit more..

Attachment 6720
'TV Tower' (i),

Attachment 6721Attachment 6722
'Red Cityhall' (e)
I have been there!!!

Hamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #92
Zanahoria_Picante

Of all the ones you posted, this one I like the most: Attachment 6724. Simply amazing. But they're all grand.

And the ones--especially those in sepia--of the churches are magnificent! *Gawks*

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 11-22-2008   #93
Christian
Super Moderator

That one is my favorite too
Old 11-23-2008   #94
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

^
^
I agree and must add this one that ties :.) It reminds me so much of a Salvador Dali print I used to have of the shadow or ghost of a woman imposed across the background of a similarly magnificent aisle running between the columns of a hall.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008   #95
Christian
Super Moderator

At first a 'Yay!' for Foxy for all the merging work

We got our first snow here in Berlin on friday, the 21st November. We arn't geting often snow here and i had a class up in the 5th floor in our 'Weathertower', an old Watertower.

We had been 3 people plus docent that day (normaly we are 4) and where working on computers (from 10am until ~4-5pm). I had my old MP3 player with me, so i had been able to take photos without taking care that much how many i was doing. Also wanted to go on a hike later so i wanted a free cam, but something else came between.

house1_med.JPGhouse2_med.JPGhouse3_med.JPG
'Villa Anna' while it was snowing, a short time after it snowed and later that day. To most of the snow dewed just a hour after it snowed.

limb1_med.JPGlimb2_med.JPG

tree3_med.JPG
Trees covered by snow. Wasn't bad to be on tree high up in the tower, gave me some nice view.

There had been also a big conifer infront of one of the windows of the room we had been in:

window_med.JPGtree1_med.JPGtree2_med.JPG
the tree from the end of the room and a closer view as it was snowing and as it thawed.

I took dozens of photos of that tree within the time to make a little timeline:
snow_combo_med.JPG

I also took lots of photos of the villa to see how the snow started to cover the roof and to make such a composition too. I will do it some day later, ..maybe. It is kinda hard since I'm only can use MS-Paint to edit/compose photos like that ^^

I wasn't able to go on a hike because i needed to go to the THW. My groupleader planned to deliver a Christmas tree stand to another group and maybe to help as they where about to deploy a christmas tree. We planned to do the same on the next day: saturday the 22nd november

It snowed again to the night to saturday because a cold front crossed germany and caused some little snow and traffic chaos in western and southern germany.

1 morning1_med.JPG1 morning2_med.JPG1 morning3_med.JPG
The morning after out of my window and on the way out of my dorm to the bus.

I driven to where my unit is located at, slipped in my uniform and we driven into the city, to set up that 6m (20feet) christmas tree infront of the 'Bundesrat' (Federal Council of Germany).. with manpower only of curse. ^^

We needed to wait a bit until the tree arrived so i took those photos:

1 fake1_med.JPG1 fake2_med.JPG
They faked a whole house over there!

I took my camera with me because I heard the would offer us a tour through that building later but my groupleader asked me to play photographer and to take a few photos of our action.. and so I did. Well... not all the time, we just had been 10 people at all (7 of us, 3 of those who brought the tree) so we needed every hand to get that tree in his supposed position.. and since I'm one of the smallest and the lightest it was up to me to cuddle with the tree while lifting it ^^. Later they gave us a darn delicious buffet and a tour through the building.

2 tree1_med.JPG2 tree2_med.JPG2 tree3_med.JPG
2 me_med.JPG
The tree and me ^^ (yes, it was meant to look stupid :P)

We driven back after we did our work and i decided to head home as fast as i could, to clean my camera and go on a fast hike out to the fields to get a few photos of the sunset.. Well, I came to late and had been on the wrong position as it looked nice, to bad.

3 snow1_med.JPG3 snow2_med.JPG3 field1_med.JPG
On the way to the fields, that buffer stop and the fields.

There had been a deerstand on the field, close to the position I found that skull, that felt down some days ago:

3 broken1_med.JPG3 broken2_med.JPG
Hurray for the deer!

4 track1_med.JPG
Bird tracks in the snow.

It started to get dark soon and the bats started to fly around me, so I took a quick photo of the skull and went back home.

4 skull_med.JPG
Skull.

4 lamp_med.JPG
I realy love those old lamps that are giving a warm orange/red light.

4 star_med.JPG
I also took another photo of that star, now with some snow..

4 train_med.JPG
..and another one of a train at night, crossing my underpass.

Last edited by foxyphoenix; 11-24-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2008   #96
Christian
Super Moderator

As i said in another thread, I would do a hike to...

1 candy mountain_med.JPG
Candy Mountain! Candy Mountain!! ^^

I realy like snow and we don't have it often in my part of germany so i went out to the fields another time on sunday, the 23rd November.

1 snowman_med.JPG
'I've got your nose'

1 corn1_med.JPGcorn2_med.JPG1 corn3_med.JPG
Corn.

2 snow1_med.JPG
plant covered by snow,

2 print1_med.JPG
deerprints on the field and..

2 deer1_med.JPG2 deer2_med.JPG2 deer3_med.JPG
..Deer! :D

I hiked over the whole field to a little forrest on the other side. I just wanted to risk a view into the forrest as i spoted some strange dry ditch that was about 9 feet deeper then the area around it. I climbed into it and followed its course until i reached some swamp. To bad it was already to dark, but it gave me some relay strange feeling: Alone, in the dark, in the middle of a swamp, covered by snow and bats flying from tiem to time. Everything had been so silent, so it was a bit spooky, but i will go there another time later today.

3 swamp1_med.JPG3 swamp2_med.JPG3 swamp3_med.JPG3 swamp4_med.JPG3 swamp5_med.JPG

4 tree2_med.JPG
Spooky ^^

4 snow2_med.JPG
My little flashlight felt down..

4 lamp1_med.JPG
there had been a little village with something about 10 houses at the end of the swamp.. I remembered movies that started like that, so i made my way back home.

4 tree1_med.JPG4 worm_med.JPG
A tree and a frozen worm before I entered the forrest with the swamp in it.

5 crazy_med.JPG
I tryed to take a photo from the plant in the night, but failed badly, looks crazy somehow.. ^_^

I reached that underpass again and was about to set up my tripod, as i recognised that a (not so important) part of it was missing. Somewhere on the field or in the swamp I lost a little cover pipe that was also stabilisating the 3 tripod feet *sighs* Well.. my tripod was still working and so I waited there for about 30minutes, trying those photos again:

5 train1_med.JPG5 train2_med.JPG5 train3_med.JPG
I like those photos at night with things rushing through..

Last edited by foxyphoenix; 11-28-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2008   #97
Christian
Super Moderator

As every Monday, I've hiked this monday, the 24th November (yay, christmas soon!) into the 'Tiergarden' again. I finaly wanted to finish my timeline of my photos from the same spot with a snowy one, but didn't had much luck. All snow dewed in that area.

ouch_med.JPG
Ouch? A realy bold one!

swan1_med.JPGswan2_med.JPG
He could have told me *sighs* I waited so long to take such a photo and my frame had been to small..

tree_med.JPG
Tree.

Wasn't my day this time. Not even my freinds the squirrels showed up.. so I went to my classes.
Old 11-27-2008   #98
Christian
Super Moderator

I wanted to visit that swamp again that I found on sunday, so I hiked back over the fields to it on tuesday, the 25th November. I also wanted to try to find my lots part of my tripod, knowing it's just a slight chance of finding it, since i lost it somehwere in the swam, in the forrest around it or somewhere on two large fields.

Anyways: I hiked through the first field, trying to find my steps of 2 days ago. That small amount of snow that had fallen since sunday didn't made it much easier to find my old tracks. I havn't had much luck to find them on the first field, where i thought its mostly possible that I lost it over there and so I went to the second one through some bushes. It was way more easy to recapitulate my steps in that one because I had an idea where I may entered it. I turned around as I havn't had much luck there too and within that movement I steped into my old footprint. I followed them and came to that bushes between the fields I tryed to get through last time. Just a few steps later..

1 yay_small.JPG
..and YAY! I found it! *happy*

1 grass1_med.JPG1 leaf1_med.JPG
I took those photos a bit later before I went into the swamp.

I made my way into the swamp and took a few photos of it. I had enough time this day so i decided to pay the tiny village at the end of it a visit. I went out of the swamp and reached an old cemetery with an old church made out of boulder a few minutes later. To bad the church got destroyed by a bomb in the second world war (the rest got destroyed so it won't collapse), but they made a good memorial out of it.

1 tomb1_med.JPG1 church1b_med.JPG
Old thombstone and the remainings of the chruch in the middle of the cemetery.

I left the small cemetery and followed a street and came into an empty farmers' market:

2 market1_med.JPG2 market2_med.JPG

The market looked kinda creepy: first it seemed as there hasn't been anything going on with it since ages, but at the same time it looked like it had been busy as hell just a day ago. The whole situation reminded me at the movie "Southern Comfort" and a few guys, sitting at the only stall looked at me as I would be an alien. I made that I got out of there before they came on the idea to hunt me to hunt me down and went back to the swamp:

2 swamp1_med.JPG2 swamp2_med.JPG
2 reed_med.JPG

The swamp was way smaller at daylight then it had been at the night I was there for the first time. It wasn't a real swamp too, it had been a lake with a little isle in it one days, as part of a park of a destroyed manor house.

With the years the lake changed on one side into a swamp so just a half lake had been left.

3 swamp3_med.JPG3 swamp7_med.JPG3 swamp4_med.JPG3 swamp6_med.JPG3 swamp5_med.JPG

4 weel_med.JPG
I don't have any idea how, when and why that thing came in there..

4 tree2_med.JPG
A realy strange tree in the middle of the swamp.

I went out of the swamp and slowly made me on the way home..

4 treehole1_med.JPG4 treehole2_med.JPG
House of a woodpecker.

5 crater_med.JPG
Old bomb crater, still noticable after 63 years.

5 fungus_med.JPG
Left mushroom covered by snow..

5 sock_med.JPG
and a little tree that took a sock on

Was a lovely little hike, even if my feet killed me at the end and 'nature touched me' ..frozen mud, yay! ^_^

Last edited by Christian; 11-27-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2008   #99
Zanahoria_Picante

Lovely!

I am especially a fan of the be-droplet-ed leaf amidst the snow and the sepia poles. Very "view-able."

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

Steven Wright

;
Old 11-28-2008   #100
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes. That and the mushroom peaking out from under a cap of snow. I can never pick just one. The river, fields and sunsets, the buildings and the trains... where to start?

And one day you'll get another shot at a swan taking off.

Several of those with the soft yellowish orange lights pressed against blue evening skies look like post cards.

It's snowed here several times so far, but it's still only teasing and won't stick long.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christian, photography