Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 11-03-2009   #21
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Two Years Ago...

Quote:
Originally Said by CrunchBite View Post
The hair thing really sucks. I now get mine cut before doing any interviews, one too many gave me an odd look and my hair is rarely down to shoulder length. It really sucks to get it cut now, your head will feel cold for the rest of the winter.
I know what you mean, I've had to dye my hair back to a natural colour, take all piercings out for interviews on so many occasions. Not only that but I've been told that they'll give the job IF I dye my hair and take out piercings. The jobs I'm talking about aren't even things that it would matter anyway. I mean, how is someone calling into a call centre going to know what colour hair I have?! It's ridiculous.

Anyways, how was the first day??
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #22
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

Dress code is more about professionalism than conformity, I am surprised they hired you if you went into an interview with hippie hair and some pubic beard going on your face. But if you can swing it as a sales man, kudos.
Old 11-03-2009   #23
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

The first day wasn't so bad. And neither was the second. The most grueling thing is probably not being used to standing up all day. I've worked retail jobs before, of course, but that seems like a long time ago now and I'm just not used to it. I'll get used to it. I'm also planning to buy some new boots.

And I know it is about professionalism. But I maintained my beard well and always pull my hair back into a pony tail. I don't see anything unprofessional about that. What gets me is they allow shoulder length hair but not any longer. What makes shoulder length hair more professional than slightly below shoulder length hair?

But anyway... I am good at sales. I am damn good at sales. I have always, of course, been better at computers. And I believe I showed that to my bosses today when I repaired 6 computers in 4 hours including one that they'd been unable to fix for a month.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #24
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

What hours is it? 9-5 type thing?
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #25
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Well, the store hours are 8-8 most days of the week, so my schedule will be around then most times. Then like 10-7 on Saturdays and 12-6 on Sundays.

I don't really know yet. I do believe though, after a few months, that I will apply for a management position.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ec whining again ;), it's about time, jason works, sexism