Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Writer's Corner

Writer's Corner The pen is mightier than the sword. Post your writings or poetry. Also discuss your favorite authors or books.

Old 11-09-2007   #1
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth
Piers Xanthony Fans Unite!

A good author is Piers Anthony the writer and creator of The Magic of Xanth series. Now I'm seventeen and there are probably people mad older than me here that have read this series and are thinking "holy crap a teen who reads!" Yes I read, I actually spent my exam week reading five Magic of Xanth books and ended up in a downward spiral of depression realizing my life sucked and I wish I lived in Xanth. Anywho, if you love Xanth talk to me about it. My favorite book is probably Man from Mundania. But hey who would have guessed a 17 year old who reads books older than himself, life is full of surprises.

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007   #2
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Piers Xanthony Fans Unite!

Ooh, I love older books. My absolute favorite book was published in 1859... props to whoever discovers its title.

I haven't heard of you particular series, but I love old sci fi novels that try to predict life in the "future" (now the present).

Just wait until college, you'll meet other readers and you shall revel in the cohesive nerdiness. It seems we're few and far between, but we're a precious lot!

*waddles off to read one of her older classics*

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007   #3
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth
Re: Piers Xanthony Fans Unite!

That's one mad old book! Kudos to reading it.

Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote