Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 10-10-2009   #281
Mr.Cravatte
Very Experienced Member

Mr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divine
Send a message via MSN to Mr.Cravatte
Re: Almost Smart Convention 2009

jjajajaj I dont have any idea of how much a ticket to Eangland costs. Today I was searching for the prizes for a flight to Brazil and it was so addicting to see it isnīt that expensive I look for like 4 different routes and prizes, then I wanted to know if it was cheaper to fly to Argentina then take a bus or something to Brazil , not a good option. Then i searched for the New York tickets ( going to New York is one of my dreams), and well does anyone of you know if it easy going to England or when is the low season or if that last thing does even care?
Old 10-10-2009   #282
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

i have absolutely no clue about how expensive it would be..i dont fly here often enough =P
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #283
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I've never flown in a plane...

but I've driven across half of the USA twice.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #284
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

If I were you I would get a ticket to NY and stay a few days then fly to England. I was also looking for tickets recently and they are rather expensive around the holidays and this time of year. I'm not sure about an off season but I think I only paid about 500-600 dollars for my trip to England. I was told it was "off-season" at the airport, but I really dont know if there is a "peak season" over there. For Kirk to come over here it was a little over 400 and he came over in the end of march early april. So apparently it is cheaper to fly into england or out around spring time. I would avoid times when people might be traveling back home (like if they are going to school over there) and holidays. Where would you want to go in England?

I think you should do it. Who knows if you will ever have another chance to do something you want. If you don't have any major bills to pay and some extra cash you should go. We decided to ride up to NC and go to a theme park just because the other day. It cost a couple hundred but it was worth it, plus Kirk got to see a little bit more of America. :)
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #285
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

SC to NC along I-26 and I-77 is hardly seeing more of America.

You need to drive out west with the guy. Let's go to the desert.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 10-11-2009   #286
GoddessDivine

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

well he has never seen it before. We have been plenty of times (by we i mean just about everyone in Charleston). It was nice to show him something other than the Lowcountry, the beach and marsh. Not that there was much more in Charlotte, but there were taller buildings, some "hilly" areas. We talked about going to a state or two a year. Not driving through but staying a night or two so we can go to every state. I think we should start going west so we can leave the states closer to home in our old age, HA! It would be pretty lame for us to live this close to Charlotte and him never go there or to Carowinds imo.

edit: I am also going to take him to Savannah, Atlanta and probably somewhere in FL like Miami soon. Well at least Savannah and ATL, before the end of the year. they are close and would be a decent weekend trip. We should go see that stonehenge thing in GA too.
-Obi Wan

Old 10-11-2009   #287
EmperorChaos

I've only been to Carowinds once... But I mapped out Charlotte.

We need to drive down to Miami or something.
-=-=-=-
Old 10-11-2009   #288
GoddessDivine

see my edit above. But I don't know how I would feel about having you hit on some Miami ladies...Just dont sing that Will Smith song
-Obi Wan

Old 10-11-2009   #289
EmperorChaos

Oh, I don't want to go to Miami to hit on the ladies. I want to go to murder someone and dump their body in the Atlantic, Dexter-Style.

And yes, the Georgia Guidestones should be visited by us soon.
-=-=-=-
Old 10-11-2009   #290
GoddessDivine

oh God...well at least you would do it away from Charleston. I don't want to be interviewed on the news as a serial killers friend. One thing though...look out for the Miami Vice
-Obi Wan

Old 10-11-2009   #291
EmperorChaos

I wouldn't have to look out for Vice. I'd have to look out for Homicide.
Vice squad officials, unless undercover, wear police uniforms.
Homicide could be anyone.
-=-=-=-
Old 10-11-2009   #292
Mr.Cravatte
Very Experienced Member

Mr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divineMr.Cravatte is divine

WHy donīt you come to Cali (Y)
Old 10-11-2009   #293
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
I've never flown in a plane....
this surprises me
Old 10-11-2009   #294
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even imagine never having been on a plane. I've spent like...weeks on planes
Quote:
Originally Said by Mr.Cravatte View Post
WHy donīt you come to Cali (Y)
Cali's a bit far for the people in the south east. Works for me though
Old 10-11-2009   #295
EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by blackheart View Post
this surprises me
Why is that surprising? I've been to over half the United States and to Canada but I've gone to all of them by driving.

I'm a driver not a flier. I know airplanes are safe and all but I don't like the idea of putting my life in someone else's hands. I prefer to drive, or at least have my friend Matt drive.

Or I'll fly the plane myself. How hard could it be?
-=-=-=-
Old 10-11-2009   #296
Mr.Cravatte
Very Experienced Member

Quote:
Why is that surprising? I've been to over half the United States and to Canada but I've gone to all of them by driving.

I'm a driver not a flier. I know airplanes are safe and all but I don't like the idea of putting my life in someone else's hands. I prefer to drive, or at least have my friend Matt drive.

When you go on the freeway you depend of all the people driving around you.
Old 10-11-2009   #297
EmperorChaos

True, but my reaction time is superb at all moments except when I'm driving drunk which I try not to do anymore... but kinda did the other day.

Once, this fucker in a van started to merge into my lane causing me to dodge his stupid ass and I went up on two wheels in an SUV and had to keep the bitch from flipping. And, of course, I did because I'm the best driver ever.
-=-=-=-
Old 10-11-2009   #298
Mr.Cravatte
Very Experienced Member

jajajajaja got skills?

and when you drive a car you are putting your life in the hands of the people that created the machines that created yur car and when you wake up ou put you life in the hands of god ... HA!
Old 10-12-2009   #299
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

Quote:

I don't know really..I just always assumed you were really well travelled, been to a lot of different countries etc.

I've been on planes so many times I couldn't even count..started when I was about 4..it's odd really coz I absolutely hate flying. Not hate as in it scares me, I just get incredibly bored & uncomfortable sitting in the same squashed up seat for hours.
Old 10-12-2009   #300
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

Let's all just go to fucking Alaska, how expensive could tickets cost to get there? I mean no one really wants to go there anyways, so tickets have got to be mad cheap!
Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote