Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 03-23-2009   #241
Zero
Super Moderator

Zero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Zero
Re: Almost Smart Convention 2009

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
why is she banned? someone unban her please. why the fuck is anyone banning anyone? you guys are stupid. espeiclaly you fucking mods banning people. it's stupid
email me if stupid shit happens.

Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #242
Zero
Super Moderator

Zero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to beholdZero is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Zero

Quote:
Originally Said by psylo_42 View Post
not sure... if i should be seeking or looking to be found. simple conflict of one anothers egos comes to mind. when nobody really understands things as they truly are, they seem so certain of themselves and the words they speak. Words have become empty and filled less with meaning more and more. sometimes only the knowledge speaks, less with feelings or a thought of why they should or shoud'nt be spoken...
SORRY
ITT: Nostalgia!! So Bryan will fuckin' call me! 7204221028

This is from 2001.

Last edited by Zero; 03-23-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #243
psylo_42
Experienced Member

psylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divine

I like how you used vile. That's pretty much how i was feeing at that moment.
And what was said wasn't concerning just MDL or certain members, rather human unkind. That post was inspired by my father and his friend bickering at themselves. And i mean that in the literal form. They both had strong arguments but they only heard their own side. The day after, the argument struck again. Only this time all they could do was pick at insignificant faults in what they had said, and purposely not pay any attention to a good, rational point.
My statement about Almost Smart is that it has turned into child's play. Some people have developed a unique understanding of manipulation, and without knowing that they crave drama, ( creating it or wanting to be a part of it ) they manipulate themselves or others in very counter productive ways. When we decide to meet each other in person, these methods have a much more devastating affect when or if it occurs. I know very well that my mother isn't hated by everybody. I know very well who appreciates her. I also know who has tried hurting her out of spite. But I don't know why people have no compassion for anyone just trying to share their opinion, experiences or knowledge. Instead we make an attempt to challenge them.
You have a beautiful mind Jasmine.
Don't let your memories be altered by yourself or others. I paid for my trip to KOA entirely. I work hard for my money so I better be treated right.

Any Q's, A's or O's?
Humans were meant to work and sweat to earn a living. Those who try to get rich quick or live at the expense of others, all get divine retribution somewhere along the line. That's the lesson. Unfortunately, we quickly forget the lessons we've learned and then we have to learn them all over again. - Jet

Survival of the fittest is the law of nature. We decieve or we are decieved. Thus we flourish or perish. Nothing good ever happened to me when I trusted others. That is the lesson. - Faye

Lesson Lesson!? If you see a stranger, follow him. - Edward

What's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge - Spike
psylo_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #244
psylo_42
Experienced Member

psylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divinepsylo_42 is divine

Quote:
Originally Said by Zero View Post
You fuck why don't you call me????
Because I'm an asshole who neglects his family and friends. and most of my time was spent trying to get into Magalie's pants.
Don't worry bro. If things go accordingly I'll be moving back to A-town around the end of june, beggining of july. Oh yeah, feel free to call Mike and invite yourself to my place April 2nd to the 6th. That is, unless you're probed. Mike and Magalie are comin to las vegas.

AND HOLY SHIT THAT"S A BLAST FROM THE PAST!!
You've succesfully reminded me of how i used to look like a faggot. Thanks much. I still do the lighting my self on fire trick.. well it's not much of a trick.
btw your girl is FIIIIINE. Gdamn lucky bastard.
Humans were meant to work and sweat to earn a living. Those who try to get rich quick or live at the expense of others, all get divine retribution somewhere along the line. That's the lesson. Unfortunately, we quickly forget the lessons we've learned and then we have to learn them all over again. - Jet

Survival of the fittest is the law of nature. We decieve or we are decieved. Thus we flourish or perish. Nothing good ever happened to me when I trusted others. That is the lesson. - Faye

Old 03-23-2009   #245
my.dragons.lady
happy heretic

my.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond reputemy.dragons.lady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by __Jasmine__ View Post
:| are there plans? i mean there's all these suggestions and ideas buuuuut who's gonna orchestrate it? bryan's mom paid last time. but everybody hates her now, plus she's banned so =/ lol. ya know what i mean? i would but a. i don't think it would be a responsible way to spend my student loan and b. who wants to come to alabama? lol.
Bryan paid for that stay. How on earth you have me paying for any of it is typical, I suppose. And hate? Funny.

Thanks to ya'll who questioned the ban and thanks to Zero for unbanning me. I wasn't going to bother being back in May, but why not since it's fixed. I know I can be as much a pain in the ass as the next person, but it's nice to know I'm appreciated at least a little by excellent judges of character

As for the 2009 meetup, recently someone mentioned meeting as locally as possible, within immediately surround states, then rotating coasts with central once every few years to leave room for other events. Kind of seems to be evolving that way of its own accord.

Not that I'm thinking everyone will be around here that long, but some will and it seems more reasonable than everyone trying to meet every year from one coast to the other.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ~~ Cicero

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." ~~ Hippocrates

"Trust, but verify." ~~ Damon Runyon * Said to me by Andy Stephenson of Hacking Democracy, in memory of and one account. Miss you much, Andy.
my.dragons.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #246
Orgoth
Mod In Training

Orgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart godOrgoth is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to Orgoth

i would like to come, but it looks like i may be working at a country club in cape cod this summer.
Orgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #247
David-
Double Plus Good

David- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond reputeDavid- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psylo_42 View Post
I like how you used vile. That's pretty much how i was feeing at that moment.
And what was said wasn't concerning just MDL or certain members, rather human unkind. That post was inspired by my father and his friend bickering at themselves. And i mean that in the literal form. They both had strong arguments but they only heard their own side. The day after, the argument struck again. Only this time all they could do was pick at insignificant faults in what they had said, and purposely not pay any attention to a good, rational point.
My statement about Almost Smart is that it has turned into child's play. Some people have developed a unique understanding of manipulation, and without knowing that they crave drama, ( creating it or wanting to be a part of it ) they manipulate themselves or others in very counter productive ways. When we decide to meet each other in person, these methods have a much more devastating affect when or if it occurs. I know very well that my mother isn't hated by everybody. I know very well who appreciates her. I also know who has tried hurting her out of spite. But I don't know why people have no compassion for anyone just trying to share their opinion, experiences or knowledge. Instead we make an attempt to challenge them.
You have a beautiful mind Jasmine.
Don't let your memories be altered by yourself or others. I paid for my trip to KOA entirely. I work hard for my money so I better be treated right.

Any Q's, A's or O's?
I wasn't directing that at you =P but we already sorted this in PMs anyway.
David- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #248
psylo_42
Experienced Member

That's affirmative. Go figure, I finally feel like I have something to say and it's completly misdirected because i don't know how to read.lol.But it was mainly directed at anyone it applied to.

But the real reason for this post is that i'm moving to Colorado. I figure I never say much about myself so here's what's goin on with me. My job is awsome. I'm getting payed real good money, and do to the economy, AIT's volume of product is diminishing, meaning I have to do less work. Hurray for me! The problem is the labor i've been doing over the past 4 years has started to curved my spine and the hours that i work have taken a large toll. So whenever I get adjusted by my chiropracter, I go to work and break down most of the progress that was made. Plus, I realized that I've become much less efficient with my work because i'm letting my gaurd down. - my reasons, amongst others, for resigning.
So I've decided to make Colorado my next destination for living. I have good freinds in CO and numerous others who've adopted me as a "part of the family". Finding another good job like the one I had will be unlikely, but i'm fine with whatever.

Old 04-25-2009   #249
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

It's more important to be near to the ones you love than to worry about the good job you have. You'll always find work wherever you go.. it's just a matter of how hard you're willing to look and work for that job.

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #250
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

Totally unreading the entire thread since page one, but in short, did this thing ever happen? I totally forgot I was gonna do this. Totally

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #251
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Not this time.

Or, it hasn't happened yet? Maybe it will happen elsewhere?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #252
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Well, we got some sort of mini convention on my birthday. Madre, PunkTinkerBell, Weasel, Hamana, HockeyMom, Foxy, Mitropa and I where there with a few others, celebrating in Casabonita.

Does that count? ^_^
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #253
EmperorChaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Yes. :)

Almost Smart Convention 2010 anyone?
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
Old 10-06-2009   #254
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

Where?
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #255
EmperorChaos

Your place.

EDIT: Actually, I might find myself in the England-land in February 2010. I'd love to meet you and PCP and others.
-=-=-=-
Old 10-06-2009   #256
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

^who else is in England aside from PCP that you have not met. Kali is in Scotland right?
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #257
EmperorChaos

No, she was in Leeds, last time I checked. There's also Grunt, he lives somewhere on that island. Then there's a girl who lives outside of london who I used to be penpals with... but I haven't spoken to her in a year.
-=-=-=-
Old 10-07-2009   #258
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be up for that. Although right now I'm in possibly the most boring part of England. I'm sure by then I'll be back in London though.
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #259
GoddessDivine
I move the stars for no one.

GoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond reputeGoddessDivine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to GoddessDivine Send a message via Skype™ to GoddessDivine

I wonder EC where you will be in England?
-Obi Wan

GoddessDivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #260
Jabedin
Aladdin's brother

Jabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond reputeJabedin has a reputation beyond repute

I know, let's have it at my house. That way I don't gotta go anywhere. I got a basement you can all live in. Oh wait, then I'de still have to drive to my house...meh, nevermind. Besides it'd be too weird, I'de feel like a serial killer and I usually act on my feelings.

In your heart, pumping your blood
Jabedin is offline   Reply With Quote