Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 04-23-2008   #1
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Tentative Dates for 2009 Almost Smart Convention

I discussed some possible dates with Hamana and we thought it might be a good idea to coincide the convention with her 21st birthday.

So, the proposed tentative dates for the 2nd annual AS convention would be Friday, July 17 to Sunday, July 19. Her birthday is on Saturday, the 18th.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #2
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie
Re: Tentative Dates for 2009 Almost Smart Convention

i need more info cause i totally tuned you guys out.

sorry.

i could make it IF PIGS SHIT GOLD, but damnit, i can try, i'll be eighteen.
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

second? when the hell was the first one?

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #4
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute

It will be the 2nd one, that is, if there really is a 1st one this year.
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #5
Hamana
jaaa, klar.

Hamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Hamana Send a message via Yahoo to Hamana

you should all come to my 21st birthday

p.s. i dont expect presents

Hamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #6
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

Hamana, you'll be moving to the states soon?

I definitely want to attend... I'll make plans to come, but I can rarely plan things long term with the way my life runs.

I have a year to think of something suitable to get you... I'm trying to think of a suitable gift for you now as well.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #7
Hamana
jaaa, klar.

Hamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Tsunami View Post
Hamana, you'll be moving to the states soon?
yup yup

Old 04-24-2008   #8
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

works for me.

Yeah, I'd get you a gift, but I'd have no clue as to what you'd appreciate, unfortunately..

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #9
ROSEWITHTHORNS

ROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the roughROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the roughROSEWITHTHORNS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Said by Sytrohs87 View Post
works for me.

Yeah, I'd get you a gift, but I'd have no clue as to what you'd appreciate, unfortunately..

and that is why they make gift cards my friend.
Old 04-24-2008   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

twenty first birthday presents are always great and easy. just get em a bottle of something you want to drink. lol

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-24-2008   #11
Hamana
jaaa, klar.

i guess i will get alot of bottles, in case we hold the convention on my birthday

Old 04-24-2008   #12
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

should be fun. specially if im drinkin

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 04-24-2008   #13
Brisa
The Missing Linx

Brisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divineBrisa is divine
Send a message via MSN to Brisa Send a message via Skype™ to Brisa

hmmm, any places come to mind.
Very slim chance I can come if its like 400 miles away you know. (ok very slim if I would have to take a plane or drive for days.
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #14
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Quote:
Originally Said by Madre View Post
I discussed some possible dates with Hamana and we thought it might be a good idea to coincide the convention with her 21st birthday.

So, the proposed tentative dates for the 2nd annual AS convention would be Friday, July 17 to Sunday, July 19. Her birthday is on Saturday, the 18th.
Sounds good to me. And plenty of time to plan for it.

Quote:
Originally Said by tynie View Post
i could make it IF PIGS SHIT GOLD, but damnit, i can try, i'll be eighteen.
You should be able to go. It's like... an American tradition to go somewhere the summer after you graduate.

Quote:
Originally Said by Madre View Post
It will be the 2nd one, that is, if there really is a 1st one this year.
There might be. Or I'll go hang out with Sytrohs in Virginia and we'll call that the convention. Although, the first AS convention could have been in Alabama. But we don't want to mar the good name of an AS convention with that error (unless Jasmine's excluded).

Quote:
Originally Said by Hamana View Post
you should all come to my 21st birthday

p.s. i dont expect presents
I do believe I'll see you at your 21st birthday. As long as I can plan something out that far ahead.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov

Last edited by Emperor Chaos; 04-24-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: their=there, damn homophones.
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #15
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

Quote:
Originally Said by Brisa View Post
hmmm, any places come to mind.
Very slim chance I can come if its like 400 miles away you know. (ok very slim if I would have to take a plane or drive for days.
400 miles is 5 hours if you drive like i do..

Quote:
Originally Said by Emperorchaos
Their might be.
*shudder*

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #16
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

^So that's the homophonic error you were talking about? Damn it all to hell.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #17
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

why does it have to be on her birthday? it's not the hamana convention.

-no offense-
Old 04-25-2008   #18
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by scarrednstoned View Post
why does it have to be on her birthday? it's not the hamana convention.

-no offense-
I like the idea. I think it would give purpose to the convention... plus, it's her 21st birthday! We have to indoctrinate her into the American ritual of getting "shitfaced". (Or just give her birthday gifts.)

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #19
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

yea yea she's like the fair queen because she married eric. so we kinda HAVE to like her. kidding.

but really, the meaning of the convention is to MEET everyone, and have a convention...not a birthday party.
Old 04-25-2008   #20
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

agreed. It should be about everyone. It's not really fair to everyone else for one person to be the center of attention, and besides that, if everyone is gonna fly out to see Hamana on her birthday, then I want everyone to come see me on mine!!!

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote