Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > AlmostSmartism > Site Issues & Suggestions

Site Issues & Suggestions Post here if you're having problems with anything on the site or forum. Questions also fielded here. Also make suggestions for features or changes you want to see made to Almost Smart.

Old 05-08-2003   #1
Chubbie

Chubbie is on a distinguished road
Dial-up connectors not allowed?

xx

Last edited by Chubbie; 12-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Chubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003   #2
rich101682

rich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by allrich101682 is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to rich101682
That's...great.

Are you behind a firewall?
rich101682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003   #3
Chubbie

xx

Old 05-10-2003   #4
INCUBUS
Cave ab homine unius libri

INCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of light
So OK I'm fucking retarded WTF is a firewall?

"That which doesn't kill us... only makes us stronger."

"Oh well... whatever... nevermind."
INCUBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003   #5
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Dg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost Smart
think of it as a wall between your computer and the internet.

This wall only allows certain traffic through, such as web pages or email. The aim is to stop your computer getting fuxord by nasty hax0rs on the net, and in the case of the firewally im sitting behind, stoping me using all the uni's bandwidth uploading music to almostsmart.

Chubbie, I think you cant upload from dialup connections coz the php uploading thingy times out (due to the age it takes to upload), you may still be able to upload over ftp, weasel will let u know for sure.

Some days i aspire to be a fat, middle-aged, conservative Midwesterner, and currently spend most of my life downloading music from back when life was fun.
Christ, how many suicidal people do you know?! I mean, I've met a couple, but I never really pay attention to them because I figure if they were really suicidal, they'd be killing themselves instead of whining. It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about...
Dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003   #6
Chubbie

xx

Old 05-11-2003   #7
Dg
Old & Wise Member

Dg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost SmartDg is a knight of Almost Smart
Go for it, its nice that the audience we're attracting isnt soley made up of sexually frustrated teenagers"
Christ, how many suicidal people do you know?! I mean, I've met a couple, but I never really pay attention to them because I figure if they were really suicidal, they'd be killing themselves instead of whining. It's the quiet ones you gotta worry about...
Dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003   #8
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
For the record, I didn't purposly make it so dialup people couldn't upload, http just wasn't designed for large file transfers to servers.

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018   #9
Chubbie

Re: Dial-up connectors not allowed?

Quote:
Originally Said by Dg View Post
Some days i aspire to be a fat, middle-aged, conservative Midwesterner, and currently spend most of my life downloading music from back when life was fun.
When I first came to this site almost 15 years ago (holy SHIT), I was looking for music from when I was about 35 years old, which is NOT when life was all that fun. At that time I was married with an approximately 10-year-old demonic child and life kind of sucked. Music from when life was fun would have been from the 70's - early 80's.

I'm still conservative, still married, kid is 30 years old now, I'm no longer fat (yay!), and still a Midwesterner. I'm 56 years old now (past middle-age) so probably not the demographic this site is looking for LOL. I just thought I'd stop back in and say hi. Just the fact that this thread has "dial-up" in the title is cracking me up.

Last edited by Chubbie; 02-18-2018 at 02:26 AM.