Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 11-17-2005   #1
ag0ny
Drowning in your awe

ag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ag0ny
Emotions

so the question im asking is that which do you think generally tends to feel more emotion?... guy or girl.

and when emotions strike who do you think it hits harder?

T o T h e O t h e r S i d e . . .
ag0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #2
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie
Re: Emotions

It depends on the individual. I think guys outwardly show it less, in general. But feeling it on the inside, it depends on the person. Not the gender.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #3
ag0ny
Drowning in your awe

ag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ag0ny

Quote:
Originally Said by Wobbie
It depends on the individual. I think guys outwardly show it less, in general. But feeling it on the inside, it depends on the person. Not the gender.
yes it does depend on the individual in common sense, but in general i think women feel it more but not as much, and guys less but alot more emotion.

with guys its weird because from a young age we are molded to eliminate our emotions because it makes us look "inferior" to fellow men. this is why i believe there is more men in the armies because alot of them can kill another human being without remorse... but when emotion strike a man its a whole different story because not being able to feel the emotion for a long time and then suddenly you can i think it hits much harder than normal... this is why i think breakups are much harder on the guy as well.

T o T h e O t h e r S i d e . . .
ag0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #4
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

Good points. Us guys are sort of "taught", in school mainly (for me anyway), that guys have to be macho, and tough, and not to cry, etc. And yeah. When we have things like breakups with people we have grown mature enough to know we have serious feelings for, we feel it pretty bad, and bottle it up at the same time. Bottling things up is never good.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #5
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

Guys are taught to stick things out (no pun intended) and hold back their emotions because showing emotion openly is perceived by society as weak in a male's character. Therefore, males will tend to bottle up their feelings and then subsequently explode, possibly explaining why males are more likely to commit acts of domestic violence and the like.

In that sense, I believe that males are hit harder by emotion because (to them) it's a question of standards. They don't want to be perceived as a weakling by their peers.

Girls are taught to express their feelings more openly and to cry. This is pretty much accepted as the normal for females. You here it everywhere. "Girls whine...and cry...and gripe..." They're just generally more in touch with their personal feelings. This probably explains why girls get treated a bit differently by society. Society strips women of any masculinity, therefore stripping from them the opportunity to exert their male side. This further places women in their stereotypical role of the weaker sex.

So, I'd most definitely say that girls express themselves more.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #6
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by ag0ny
so the question im asking is that which do you think generally tends to feel more emotion?... guy or girl.

and when emotions strike who do you think it hits harder?
I'm beginning to think that females really are more emotional than males. In my current job field, I am supposed to be emotionally detached. However, I can't reach the point where I am so emotionally detached, I can simply sit back and watch those I care about die. This is expected of me, and because I failed to meet that expectation, I lose my job.

So, now I say with much emotion, these people can kiss my ass.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #7
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

It's interesting to hear...er...read the opinion of a female.

Being in the Army, I suppose your forced detachment altered your mindframe, taking you away from the female stereotype and making you a stronger person.

Power to you for being strong.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Old 11-17-2005   #8
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

i see what youre saying agony.

i think women have more emotions and deal with more, than they really need (to).
guys, we deal with our shit. get it out of the way.
although like agony said, we hardly deal with emotions, but when something touches us, it is a lot harder to control. hence we go off killing everyone. lol.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #9
junki

junki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart godjunki is an Almost Smart god

We both feel, have the same motions - but we express and confront them differently.
junki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #10
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

That certainly simplifies matters.

Old 11-18-2005   #11
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

it cant be that easy!

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #12
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

Oh it can, and he is quite correct. We studied emotions in my psychology class. Our methods for feeling and experiencing emotions are the same and they're triggered by the same events and subjects. The only thing that differs is our expression. While some guys might punch a wall when they're angry and not say anything about it, a chick might just cuss every other word while talking to someone about it until she calms down. Guys tend to be more loners, while girls are more into communication, therefore, they're often seen as more emotional. That's generally not always the case. Males have feelings too, but most just don't want to talk about them. What you females need to do is force it out of us so we learn how to talk about things instead of inflicting bodily harm

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #13
Max
Newbie Member

Max has made a few great posts

Just let it all out :(
Old 12-03-2005   #14
neomp5
Dipshit for life!

neomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart godneomp5 is an Almost Smart god

i think the personality/behavior differences between the genders are a learned thing.

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear." -Thomas Jefferson

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." -Robert Bolt

"To teach how to live without certainty and yet without being paralysed by hesitation is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can do for those who study it." -Bertrand Russell
neomp5 is offline   Reply With Quote