Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Talk about your favorite films and TV shows or find out if a new movie is worth seeing.

Old 11-14-2005   #1
thor

thor is doing greatthor is doing great
Jarhead

Jarhead is a movie about Marines in desert strom trying to survive, it was funny and emotional and probely one of the best movies of this year. After watching the movie I was actually tempted to join up. It shows the struggles and hardships of the modern soilder.

Has anyone else had the chance to go se it?

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #2
Madre
Double Plus Good Mod!

Madre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond reputeMadre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Said by thor
After watching the movie I was actually tempted to join up.
Ummm, no. You want to live, don't you?
III.IIVIVIXIIVIVIIIVVIIIIXVIIIXIIIIIIIIVIIIIVVIIIV IIVIIIIIIVIII - Solomon (I Kings 7:23)
Madre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #3
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Leave him be, joining the military isn't a death sentance.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #4
pinnky
Trainee Member

pinnky has made a few great posts
Send a message via MSN to pinnky Send a message via Yahoo to pinnky

i think death isnt going to be his biggests problem while joing the armed forcers.
pinnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #5
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

What language do you speak?

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #6
ag0ny
Drowning in your awe

ag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ag0ny

Quote:
Originally Said by Savage_Nature
What language do you speak?
the lazy language of mehnglish.

i personally thought this movie sucked loose gooch.

no seriously.

T o T h e O t h e r S i d e . . .
ag0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #7
Max
Newbie Member

Max has made a few great posts

Looks like a good movie I will see it.
Old 11-28-2005   #8
Sytrohs87
goliath

Sytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond reputeSytrohs87 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sytrohs87 Send a message via MSN to Sytrohs87

I have yet to see it too, but since i have an obsession with jake gyllenhaal, as does my gf,(from donnie darko) we'll probably be seeing it sometime.. now just to find, you know, fifteen extra dollars to go to the movies..

-The Mars Volta

"I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."

-Siddhartha Gautama
Sytrohs87 is offline   Reply With Quote