Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 12-07-2003   #41
Higgins
mudpuppet is colored

Higgins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond reputeHiggins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Higgins Send a message via Yahoo to Higgins
Re: Your theme song

The orignal "Behind Blue Eyes" is cool, not that Limp Bizkit remake uggggghhhh
Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003   #42
likecrazy
Newbie Member

likecrazy is on a distinguished road

born frustrated-rancid
likecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003   #43
notlob
rock star

notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

Back In Black by AC/DC

the best!
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003   #44
david
Elite Member

david has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to david

Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold

or perhaps even Weezer - Why Bother?
Old 12-18-2003   #45
Kuradiling
Newbie Member

Kuradiling is on a distinguished road

Rosalind J. - the dream must stay alive
Its been my fave song for... 3 years now i belive...
Kuradiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003   #46
INCUBUS
Cave ab homine unius libri

INCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of lightINCUBUS is a glorious beacon of light

Another I could use as a theme song is smashing pumpkins, bullet with butterfly wings.
INCUBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003   #47
fraydee
Trainee Member

fraydee is on a distinguished road

hmm.... right now.. sugarcult - hate every beautiful day
usually... blink 182 - adam's song...
fraydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003   #48
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

thankfully my whole attitude towards life has gone from shite to much better....so my theme song has changed from what i previously put (metallica - nothing else matters, Led Zepplin - Stairway to heaven) to somthing alot more me!...
.....Heuy Lewis & The News - Johnny Be Good.....hella yeah!! .for those who dont know this song, its basically about a guitarist!!....wooo!!
Old 12-23-2003   #49
yukita-chan
Newbie Member

yukita-chan is on a distinguished road

"O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana is my theme song. I faintly recall my mother calling me the anti-Christ after I played this twice.
yukita-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003   #50
MasterfacedRifle

MasterfacedRifle should be rewarded

http://www.nextwish.org/multimedia.php?page=ccdmmorpg

That is totally my theme song..no doubt about it...

On a more serious note, it would have to be Led Zeppelin - Ramble On
MasterfacedRifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004   #51
notlob
rock star

notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

metallica - fuel

so far away - staind

did my time - korn

eyeless - slipknot

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004   #52
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

hmmm....my theme song has changed from New York State of Mind to 'Head Like a Hole' by NIN.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004   #53
Mr Stabby

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Mine has changed now as well......to something which is a lil unusual.....its my take on the Malaguena Salarosa....I say my take coz its not the exact same its a lil different I dont play it with mad spanish finger picking skill... .but its my version that I play alot...it's my trademark thing now, whenever I have a guitar with me...an more importantly my acoustic, I just play it...
Old 06-06-2004   #54
The Dead Poet
Newbie Member

The Dead Poet is just really niceThe Dead Poet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to The Dead Poet Send a message via MSN to The Dead Poet

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up
There is an old saying to the effect that King Midas for a long time hunted the wise Silenus, the companion of Dionysus, in the forests, without catching him. When Silenus finally fell into the king's hands, the king asked what was the best thing of all for men, the very finest. The daemon remained silent, motionless and inflexible, until, compelled by the king, he finally broke out into shrill laughter and said, 'Suffering creature, born for a day, child of accident and toil, why are you forcing me to say what is the most unpleasant thing for you to hear? The very best thing for you is totally unreachable: not to have been born, not to exist, to be nothing. The second best thing for you, however, is this: to die soon.'"
- Friedrich Nietszche, The Birth of Tragedy

How can you be so sure? Humans will never come to understand each other. You said that she is the person you love, but can you say that you even truly understand each other? All humans do is place themselves at a comfortable distance from each other and call that 'mutual understanding', 'spiritual unity', or 'true love'... but it is all lies! Man cannot associate with others without first deceiving themselves. That is the way that they were created.
- Krelian, Xenogears
The Dead Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004   #55
argentmoon
harajuku girl

argentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond reputeargentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to argentmoon

Dancing Queen - Abba, because I try to make the best of everything.

the spirit in me bows to the spirit in you

argentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004   #56
psychopatpl
*PAC MAN*

psychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to psychopatpl Send a message via MSN to psychopatpl Send a message via Yahoo to psychopatpl

At this point in my life these songs would best describe me i guess... although theres so many more that im scared to start listing because i would forget to go to school for about a month and i wouldnt want to fill a whole page w/ just titles of music. god i love music

Sex Pistols - Streets of London
George Thorogood - I Drink Alone
Nick Cave - Red Right Hand

and my ultamate theme song which i wish would follow me around for ever and just play as im walking through anywhere would have to be

screamers - 122 hours of fear
Old 06-07-2004   #57
Mr Stabby

Quote:
Originally Said by psychopatpl
Nick Cave - Red Right Hand
Thats a bloody good song, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have some really good songs....have you listened to any other of their songs or do you just know that one from the movie Scream
Old 06-07-2004   #58
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

Gruvis Malt - Volume

Since i'm a music-a-holic and all
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004   #59
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

i feel evil, so i'm changing mine Hate! by London After Midnight. its spooky...then kinda bouncy, then spooky....then bouncy again....kinda like me.
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004   #60
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie

in terms of a song to follow me around, right now i think back in black would be cool, i'd feel like the man walking down the street with "DUN, DU-LA-DUN, DU-LA-DO.....wenaneladodo" blasting out. but for my life in general? i think something positive would be good - boys republic by the deftones seems like a good choice.