Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Talk about your favorite films and TV shows or find out if a new movie is worth seeing.

Old 09-27-2004   #1
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute
Napoleon Dynamite cracked me up

Anyone else see it and love it? It was one of the most random movies I've seen in a long time. "Idiot!" *giggle*

There were maybe 15 people in the theater, and me and this high school boy sitting in front of me were the only ones going into hysterics. Made me wonder about myself....

I definitely recommend it if you're in the mood for something unique and completely random.

My favorite parts without trying to ruin anything:

1) when Napoleon, his brother and his uncle were sitting on the couch watching the football video

2) when Napoleon got physical with his uncle (oh, the fence jumping *giggle*)

3) the footsies scene with Napoleon's brother and the internet girl

4) of course when Napoleon dances

5) The steak throw

6) The button scene

I could keep going, but I'll spare you.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #2
RubberDucky55
Almost Smart Master

RubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond reputeRubberDucky55 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RubberDucky55 Send a message via MSN to RubberDucky55 Send a message via Yahoo to RubberDucky55
Re: Napoleon Dynamite cracked me up

ooh i wanna see that movie soo bad! everyones been quoting it and i just pretend like i know, and laugh along...

RubberDucky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #3
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

It was pretty good, lots of one-liners, but I didn't laugh.

BUT...the dance scene at the end was BRILLIANT! By far one of the funniest dance scenes I've seen...ever.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #4
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

just a tid-bit of trivia. this movie was concieved and produced by a couple of college students at BYU, the mormon college in utah.

hooooorrrrreeeeeyyyyy for mormon humor.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #5
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

No wonder it contained none of the things that would make me laugh.

It was made by mormons.

(hahahaha j/k)
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #6
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

i would never think some mormon (have you ever noticed when you misspell mormons 'more mon' its funny ?) dudes made it. It was actually the shizzle.

I love the whole lafawnduh thing. "she says i'm her soul mate". The "new" ending made me piss myself...."heres your honeymoon stallion".

he sounds like me with my retainer (night mind you, i hardly wear the damn thing. teeth bondage is painful).
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004   #7
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute

there's a new ending? I can't wait until it comes out on DVD... I have to buy it.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #8
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

i loved that movie. just got through watching it. and the dance scene was the best.

and pedro.. haha.
Old 01-04-2005   #9
oceandream130
Future star of a Zach Braff film!

oceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond reputeoceandream130 has a reputation beyond repute

oh no...old thread revival..

I still have not seen this movie, but have desperately wanted to for the past, erm, seven months. From the moment I heard about it, way before it was even really even known to the public, I was drawn in by the odd humor of the trailer and was dying to see the movie. Then, idk, I just sort of never got out to see it because it became way too popular too quickly with everyone at school, and I just got tired of hearing about it from everyone...hopefully I can rent the dvd, though, because I know that I would just hysterically laugh throughout the entire thing! :-D

Is it sad that I sort of see myself in Napolean...*shudders* Gosh...!
Old 01-11-2005   #10
Savage_Nature
I love my brother.

Savage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond reputeSavage_Nature has a reputation beyond repute

..... yes.... Napoleon Dynamite.... was, funny at some points.... but.... really people! it sucked! Everyone is cracking up over two parts of the entire movie, i watched it and it was a big freakin waste of my time.

Savage_Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #11
Rock ur socks
and i'll rock them hard too !

Rock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divineRock ur socks is divine
Send a message via AIM to Rock ur socks Send a message via Yahoo to Rock ur socks

best. movie. evar.

I see you're drinking 1% milk.. is that because you think your fat? Cus your not.. you could be drinking whole milk.

rofl
Rock ur socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #12
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

How was your day, Napolean?

Worst day of my life, what do you think? God!
Old 01-11-2005   #13
severelybored
is wobbies mum-Tyne

severelybored is a jewel in the roughseverelybored is a jewel in the roughseverelybored is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to severelybored

THAT IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE. EVER. lol

"gramma!! what is there to eat!?"
"dangit napoleon!! just make yourself a dang quesadilla!"

"lafawnduh is THE BEST thing that has ever happened to me. i am 100% positive that she is my soulmate. napoleon, im sure theres a babe out there for you somewhere...peace out."

me n tyne saw it in theaters over the summer, and we literally laughed non-stop. i got it on dvd for my bday

The lunatic is in my head.
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
severelybored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #14
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

"stay home and eat all the freakin chips, kip"

"Napoleon, don't be jealous that i've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know im training to become a cage fighter."

"since when kip, you have the worst reflexes of all time"
Old 01-11-2005   #15
severelybored
is wobbies mum-Tyne

severelybored is a jewel in the roughseverelybored is a jewel in the roughseverelybored is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to severelybored

from the deleted scenes: *about to fight with don*
don: you wanna go napoleon?
naploleon: o yeah! whos the only one here who knows illegal ninja moves from the government?
don: *gives him a weird look*
napoleon: *pause...SLAPS DON AND RUNS!*

pedro: ...i think they were holy chips or something.<---one of the funniest scenes ever.

The lunatic is in my head.
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
severelybored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #16
Demento
Banned

Demento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond reputeDemento has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Demento Send a message via MSN to Demento

Fucking stupidest movie ever made. EVER.

Demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #17
superchicken002
Elite Member

superchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to superchicken002 Send a message via MSN to superchicken002 Send a message via Yahoo to superchicken002

hahah i thought this movie was hilarious! My favorite part is when Napoleon tells his uncle to leave because he is ruining everyones lives and eating all the steak.. haha

the softball team and I are going to do that dance at the winter assembly.. snow boots, pony shirt, and all

vote for pedro.
Old 01-11-2005   #18
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

Yes! I love that part and would love to see someone act it out.

The shirt he wore in the dance though actually said vote for pedro.

The moonboots were great. :D
Old 01-12-2005   #19
_Marshall_
Old & Wise Member

_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god_Marshall_ is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via MSN to _Marshall_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Marshall_

I love that movie more then I love my family

Do it for Jesus
_Marshall_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #20
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

iconic worship is bad.