Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 12-26-2004   #1
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Mystic Thunder
Mettalica???

Some one please tell me what is so good abput metalica.

Yeah they had a few good sons but thats it. After their long awaited arival they come out with ST anger. And they do a song with a rapper.

I know im gonna get flammed for this but i need to know
Old 12-26-2004   #2
Weasel
Ich lasse deine Nächte zum Tag werden!

Weasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond reputeWeasel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Weasel Send a message via MSN to Weasel Send a message via Yahoo to Weasel
Re: Mettalica???

Metallica lost my respect when they sold out their fans to RIAA lawyers in order to make a buck. Metallica became well known in the early 80s by turning a blind eye to people bootlegging their concerts. Not that I condone downloading and burning full albums, but one must remember that 4 years ago iTunes and the like didn't exist. People either had to buy an entire $15 album to get one or two good songs, or use Napster. The labels keep pointing at declining revenue, but fail to mention their flawed business models or the crap music being put out nowadays.

More on topic, I like Metallica's music but they really havn't done anything great since S&M. There were a ton of hits on that album though. Who doesn't like For Whom The Bell Tolls or Enter Sandman?

Almost Smart Admin
Email Me or PM Me

Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #3
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass

St. Anger sucked, S&M was great. Their older stuff is complicated and catchy. To me, at least.
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #4
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Mystic Thunder

Atleast you people are smart. In Kuwait everybody is like Metllica is the freatest band ever. They foget bout the other bands and treat metallica like they are Gods.
Old 12-26-2004   #5
schism-
King Cunty

schism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to schism-

Quote:
Originally Said by OmEgA VeNoM
Yeah they had a few good sons but thats it.
Actually, their sons are delinquent drug abusing maniacs, but their songs, now thats a different matter.

They have more good songs than I can count on my fingers, so park your cock holster down and listen.

Metallica (at least their music) has been popular for like 20 years or so. Ask anyone around you and I best more often than not people will know what you're talking about when you say 'Enter Sandman or Master of Puppets'. But hey, assuming you'd listened to all their music before claiming they only had a few good songs, lets look at the ones you must've been stoned while listening to and missed:

1. No Leaf Clover - One of the best rock songs in existence (S&M version) and some of the most meaningful lyrics I've heard in a long time.

2. The Unforgiven - A favourite of the slower songs, catchy and sad, but you can't help wanting to listen to it 'one more time'.

3. Carpe Diem Baby - Love That Riff

4. Sabbra Cadabbra - One of the best covers out there. Classic song made better.

5. Nothing Else Matters - Another slow one. Favourite of young and old.

6. Fade To Black - If you don't like this song, you arent worth my time. Fuck you in the ass with barbed wire.

7. Orion - An Instrumental that says more through it's riffs than all of brittney spears' *music* combined.

I could go on, but I've decided to stop wasting my hate on you. I know everyone is allowed to have opinions, but could you at least try and make yours decent ones?
schism- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #6
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

Metallica is a really good band. In my opinion, almost all their songs are good.
Old 12-27-2004   #7
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

Metallica is an awesome band, sure they havent churned out a good album in a while, does that make their music any less attractive? I went and saw Metallica on the 21st of January this year, and I can tell you, despite everything thats happened, they have still got it, one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Metallica has a very good music reputation and it's not just a hype, you don't keep a hype for 20 odd years. They were the best, and they are the best, I've yet to see a band out do everything Metallica has done.

I was going to list my favourite Metallica songs, but after I wrote down 20, I gave up.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #8
Blackass
groingrabbingly good!

Blackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond reputeBlackass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Blackass

Oh I agree. I hope no body misinterpreted my stement as "They suck now." I like them a lot, I just think that St. Anger with its lack of solos and its lackluster songs sucked. I love S&M (The album, get your minds out of the gutter), and schism-, "No Leaf Clover" is one of the best songs off of that album, thanks for recomending it.
Blackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #9
tynie
You're Klaus Nomi, I'm Etta James

tynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond reputetynie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to tynie Send a message via MSN to tynie Send a message via Yahoo to tynie

totally agree...i liked the first 3 albums, but then after them cutting off their hair, they suuucckkeeedd. I swear, the sucess was in the mess (the messy hair that is, i know, i'm creative, and original)
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.-Choke, Chuck Palahniuk
tynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #10
Wheels
Aristodemus of Sparta

Wheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond reputeWheels has a reputation beyond repute

They don't suck now, they can still play very very well, it's just their creativeness seems to be in a bit of a dip. I have full faith however that they will pick themselves up, if only for one last album.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #11
Fox
poolshark packleader

Fox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divineFox is divine

I like Metallica especially thier older stuff. St. Anger didn't trill me but I like hard core sounding bands like Godsmack and Rammstien
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #12
Kyle5212
Newbie Member

Kyle5212 is on a distinguished road

yeah the st.anger cd kinda pissed me off. But other than that all there shit is awesome
Kyle5212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #13
Quo Vadis
Newbie Member

Quo Vadis is on a distinguished road

The only album worth buying was "And Justice for All". They lost there roots much early then St. Anger. St. Anger just made them nu-metal.
Quo Vadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #14
poopy
The ?mægå Mån

poopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond reputepoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to poopy

metallica has been the same metallica ever since the beginning. what has changed is the business and the bands surrounding metallica. think about it. in 1983 when they started, name me a more hardcore band. you can't do it! but now we have death metal and harder stuff. metallica hasn't changed, we just have better now. but to say that that makes them any worse is out of line. they are originators and inovators. they birthed or at least pulled on the legs of the infant that is modern rock. face it, they are treated as gods because of that. not because they still have music coming out, but because they in a large part created what you listen to today even if they aren't playing it.
BEWARE: When eating snacks remember that the fruit roll-up factory feels the need to endanger our lives with a potentially suffocatingly thin transluscent plastic. I am outraged and currently on my way out the door to start a petition for a boycott of any and all fruit roll-up snacks. Please send me a message or post your name, telephone number, and address, and some one will be by to get your signature. Thank You
poopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #15
Quo Vadis
Newbie Member

Quo Vadis is on a distinguished road

Poopy ever hear of Venom? Or Mantas?
Quo Vadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #16
notlob
rock star

Location: Some galaxy, away from the idiots that inhabit Earth
notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

Quote:
Originally Said by Quo Vadis
The only album worth buying was "And Justice for All". They lost there roots much early then St. Anger. St. Anger just made them nu-metal.
amen to that...St Anger sucked totally...theres no doubt about it

'...and justice for all' is my fave album by metallica along with 'Kill Em All'

and justice: because they expanded their musical horizons with wierd timings and killer solos, murderous harmonies in every song! and the lyrics are alot more meaningfull than many of their other albums.
RECOMENDED SONGS: Blackened, One, The Frayed End Of Sanity

kill em all: its true thrash and speed takin no prisoners... raw as anything and totally killer sound with thier first solos and crazy riffs its unbeatable
RECOMENDED SONGS: Hit The Lights, Phantom Lord, Metal Militia

k then peace out and keep rokin

hashim

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #17
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

Errr...ummm...
Enter Sandman.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #18
OutRadge
superman that hoe

OutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost Smart
Send a message via AIM to OutRadge Send a message via MSN to OutRadge Send a message via Yahoo to OutRadge

i like Fade to black, master of puppets and Enter Sandman, thats about it..
OutRadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #19
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

Same here.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote