Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 12-19-2003   #1
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute
Learned Life Lessons

so, i havent posted in awhile so i figured i would post something worth reading. i wanted to post some of the things ive learned in life so far, hopefully someone will not make the same mistakes ive made. im only gonna add some now, so feel free to add anything, as long as its sane or not spam....

- never fully trust someone, always have a doubt about them.

- there is always that 1% of human error, nothing is a 100% guarantee.

- life is never as bad as it seems, there is a upside, you just have to see it.

- if you have something worth fighting for, then do it, and dont stop.

- never second guess yourself, and never hesatate.

- listen to yourself more then you listen to others.

so, thats a few, ill post more when i have time.
Old 12-19-2003   #2
learntofly
Newbie Member

learntofly has made a few great posts
Send a message via AIM to learntofly Send a message via Yahoo to learntofly
Re: Learned Life Lessons

Sounds good to me but I would add

Always watch your back...

Never make up your mind without thinking everything over

Never cross your fingers

and

Dreams can't always come true, so don't depend on them...
learntofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003   #3
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute

always keep your sense of humor
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003   #4
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

this is adding on to 1337's...be able to laugh at yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. – Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003   #5
david
Elite Member

david has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to david

Never assume you're wrong. Ever.
Old 12-19-2003   #6
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

Quote:
Originally Said by Heavenly Justice
- if you have something worth fighting for, then do it, and dont stop.

- never second guess yourself, and never hesatate.

i like the first one.
NEVER HESITATE! Youre only caught slipping if you do.

-Tired of the same old view? Walk slower and check shit out.

-Always keep an open mind.
-Always hold onto your own ideas/beliefs.

-If youre "nice" stay that way. You'll get more out of it by helping others, than taking advantage of the nice and wondering why no one really does want to do anything for you.

The easiest way thru life.....Close your eyes and dont say a word.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003   #7
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute

- Nothing can last forever, there is always an end.

- The littlest words you say, can sometimes mean so much to someone. watch what you say.

- never burn the bridges you have made in life, you never know when you may need to cross them again.

- the % rate of good to evil in life is: 65% Good - 35% Evil watch what choices you make in life.

- the human error factor is the hardest to plan, you will never know what someone else is fully thinking, no matter how well you know them.

- there is a split second between an action and a reaction, that second could mean life or death.

more next time i get a chance.....
Old 12-22-2003   #8
Penie
i love kali more than carrots

Penie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond reputePenie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Penie

- always punch hobos, if you dont, theyll attack you whyen you least expect it. no shit.

- fire IS fun, and you should play with it regularly.

- your music taste says a lot about you. as such, never profess a love for adema, evenescence, coldplay or any of the other legions of soulless pants that people watch thier lives rot away to.

- knifes are NOT to be stored in your mouth, i seriousily cant stress this one enough.

- other peoples advice should always be taken with a pinch of salt. they arnt you, and thier advice only 100% fits thier lifestyle, not yours.

- go outside, really, the internet has a place, but not an actual genuine social interaction place, real people are better for that.
Old 12-22-2003   #9
raindancer2023
Newbie Member

raindancer2023 is on a distinguished road

I agree with the not trusting people totally. That can get you in trouble!
raindancer2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003   #10
Narnar
your PUR-FECT enemy

Narnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond reputeNarnar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in a badbad mood

If you're going to treat someone like shit, make sure they can't turn your life upside down... legally..
Narnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003   #11
albee1025
Very Experienced Member

albee1025 is a glorious beacon of lightalbee1025 is a glorious beacon of lightalbee1025 is a glorious beacon of lightalbee1025 is a glorious beacon of lightalbee1025 is a glorious beacon of light

Life goes on....
albee1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003   #12
ems21
Elite Member

ems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond reputeems21 has a reputation beyond repute

if you never give your full trust to someone, you'll never open yourself up to all life has to offer

compassion can change the world

my mom WAS right

never have high expectations for men and you'll never be disappointed

forgiveness will release you

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Keep in touch with old friends on www.myspace.com
Visit My Website
Visit My Space
ems21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003   #13
Mystic Thunder
Old & Wise Member

Mystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of lightMystic Thunder is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Mystic Thunder

women can kick your ass so don't piss them off
Old 12-23-2003   #14
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by OmEgA VeNoM
women can kick your ass so don't piss them off
LOL!!!

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 12-23-2003   #15
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

- fear never solved anything, it will only drag you down, learn to fear nothing, it will help you in the long run.

- time heals no wounds, it will only make them worse.

- "what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger" true, but it also makes you a bigger target.

- nothing is what it seems to be, even if its right in front of your face.

sooo, i had to learn all this the hard way, thru life and death. nether gave me much slack, so learn from the mistakes ive made....
Old 12-25-2003   #16
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

A man with no fear, is a man with no hope.

-Nothing is what it seems to be, even if its right in front of your face.
Looks can be deceiving, so use your heart and go for feeling.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 12-26-2003   #17
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo2
i like the first one.
NEVER HESITATE! Youre only caught slipping if you do.
yeh, that first quote came from something i said to someone, it was "Fight for her, fight the world if you have to, and then do everything in your power to keep her." but i just shortened it....
Old 12-26-2003   #18
kyle
Lawl ^^

kyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond reputekyle has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kyle Send a message via MSN to kyle Send a message via Yahoo to kyle Send a message via Skype™ to kyle

- being kicked in the balls hurt
Old 12-26-2003   #19
superchicken002
Elite Member

superchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to superchicken002 Send a message via MSN to superchicken002 Send a message via Yahoo to superchicken002

its better to of loved and lost than to of never loved at all.

dont let things go to your head

dont let your possessions own you

take a deep breath once and awhile

dont hurry through life

(at my age) dont keep wishing you were older because when you are older you are most likely going to be wishing you were younger

dont waste your time just dreaming about things you want to happen... get up and do something about it.

dont be too scared to try something... its better to try something and worst being you fail than regretting it forever.
Old 12-27-2003   #20
MasterfacedRifle

MasterfacedRifle should be rewarded

Whoever said "be able to laugh at yourself"

My philosophy is: For every 10 jokes I crack at myself, I have gained the right to, in turn, make a joke about one other person, only to a person that I know and love dearly, someone who considers me as good a friend as I do them (or as they so tell me.)

The one who said go with your heart and feeling: I wish I would have known that 3 years ago. A girl I worked with at a restaurant was totally in love with me, but because I didn't find her physically attractive I was too stupid to go for her. I have yet to find someone who treated me more kindly than she did....I miss the hell out of her, and I never even knew her last name...

Don't go by looks, you will end up regretting it. If I could change one thing in my life, it wouldn't be un-skipping all of those classes, wouldn't be not doing my homework, it would be to have taken the chance with her. I am hoping that the name will come to me someday soon but...unless my sister recalls it, I'm screwed.

Go for love, not looks.
MasterfacedRifle is offline   Reply With Quote