Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 02-08-2014   #1
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
RIP Casandra

So I don't know how many of you remember Casandra who used to post here so long ago.

She left to go to the mall yesterday but when no one heard from her for almost 24 hours, family and friends started sharing information about her missing on Facebook.

Her brother Devin shared this:

Quote:
I am breaking my Facebook absence for this important message: My sister Cassie Vaughan Perkins is missing. She was last seen going to the mall yesterday at 3 p.m. I hate to post her news on here but I have no other choice right now. She was in the Psych Clinic at MUSC in Charleston, SC this week for 3 days. My father got her out and into an outpatient program. She was feeling extremely suicidal and she was on a lot of medication and as of this week a lot of her medications have changed. She drives a 2003 black honda civic. If you have talked to Cassie or have seen her, please let the cops know or me or any of my family members if you know them.
Well, she was found dead in a local hotel room. We're assuming it's suicide. She was married, and she had a child and last year was recently dealing with post-partum depression. Also, Google searching for her I see now they were having some financial difficulties paying for their infant son's medical bills.

She and I grew very close up to and during the time she visited this forum. I think I upset her one night when she came over and stayed up drinking with me. We went to my bedroom and I didn't "make a move" which, due to being an asexual, is a common occurrence in my life. By not doing anything, even if I like the person, a girl will feel unattractive or disliked and that was never the case with Cassie; she was a brilliant and creative girl and I really did like her all those years ago, but it just wasn't to be. I think at this point in her life, after feeling shunned by me, she went back to her old boyfriend and stopped coming on this forum and stopped talking to me. Though, I feel like she eventually started dating Guinness and Mohawks, or maybe his friend? I'll message him on FB about this thread.

Anyway, that was my and Cassie's falling out... and though we talked from time to time through FB messages, we never recovered as friends. Now that opportunity is gone forever.

Requiescat In Pace Casandra Vaughn Perkins

I don't know if any of you are friends with her on FB or whatever, but the family has asked that this information be kept off of Facebook for now. Thanks. :)
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov

Last edited by EmperorChaos; 02-09-2014 at 04:04 PM.
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014   #2
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RIP Casandra

Just saw this on Facebook. So sad...
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo

No shit man...

Yes I remember her.

That's so sad. If she stayed with us maybe we could have helped or some shit. I don't know.

Very saddening news, but I'm glad you shared it with us.

RIP Casandra.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #4
sa'alyg
Bad Ass Jesus

sa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond reputesa'alyg has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sa'alyg

Not sure if I remember her, but I believe I was here around the same time.

In any case, this is tragic and I hope her loved ones manage their grief well. Suicide is terrible for everyone involved.

Click above to visit The Easytoon Place
sa'alyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #5
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus. I was just wondering about her a few days ago because she hadn't posted in so long... RIP Casandra. Hope you run into spades somewhere cool.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #6
Dammmmn

1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute1337 has a reputation beyond repute

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/Charl...1&preview=True
Old 02-10-2014   #7
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy never met any of you, but we all still care when it counts.

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 02-12-2014   #8
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

I have been struggling with it a lot lately. Cassie and I were so very similar. We used to have long talks about the oddest of subjects, including, of course, bugs. Our favorite was the praying mantis.

Even when she was alive, every time I would catch a mantis I would think of her. Now I can't imagine what this spring and summer will be like, when I'm outside catching mantises.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #9
Dammmmn

She will be right there catching them with you Jason.

I urge anyone who can to donate at the link Jason posted above. Any amount you can go without.

And to anyone reading this who may be feeling down and out: don't feel ashamed, don't feel like any problem is too big for you to overcome. People love you, even perfect strangers. If you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and HOLD ON. Tomorrow is a new day. A new day to start over and work yourself back into the light. It may not be easy but nothing worth doing is. Fight back!
Old 02-14-2014   #10
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
I have been struggling with it a lot lately. Cassie and I were so very similar. We used to have long talks about the oddest of subjects, including, of course, bugs. Our favorite was the praying mantis.

Even when she was alive, every time I would catch a mantis I would think of her. Now I can't imagine what this spring and summer will be like, when I'm outside catching mantises.
Well you'll always have that with her. It's a fond memory. You should be proud of the mantises you catch now. Attach a reason to it. Maybe it wanted you to catch it. Maybe you caught it with your own cunning. Either way, you still got (it.)

I read bugs was somehting she liked so I say keep catching em in the spring and summer.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 02-14-2014   #11
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic

I don't know whether I remember her or not but that's so sad.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #12
Pittielynn

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
I don't know whether I remember her or not but that's so sad.
Well so far I was able to find this discussion. You debate a bit in that thread with her.

And this similarly sad topic where you were there for her when she needed us all a little.

And one other random birthday thread for someone else that I don't think needs to be linked. I wouldn't feel too bad about that if I were you though. She wasn't on here much, though I'm sure we're all happy to meet her here at all.

We'll be thinking of you, Casandra. Thanks for having us in your life. Wish we could have done something more for you, but that you are at peace anyway.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-16-2014   #13
Dammmmn

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
Well so far I was able to find this discussion. You debate a bit in that thread with her.

And this similarly sad topic where you were there for her when she needed us all a little.

And one other random birthday thread for someone else that I don't think needs to be linked. I wouldn't feel too bad about that if I were you though. She wasn't on here much, though I'm sure we're all happy to meet her here at all.

We'll be thinking of you, Casandra. Thanks for having us in your life. Wish we could have done something more for you, but that you are at peace anyway.
Odd, not that this really matters but her "mother" who passed away in that thread is actually listed as her paternal grandmother in her obituary.
Old 02-16-2014   #14
Pittielynn

Quote:
Originally Said by 1337 View Post
Odd, not that this really matters but her "mother" who passed away in that thread is actually listed as her paternal grandmother in her obituary.
Well, not if she was raised by her grandmother and simply refers to the woman as her mother. (Happens quite often. One of my family members does the same)

Or a typo. Or an intentional mistype to express closeness.

EC you knew her well... did you pick up on that?

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-25-2014   #15
Pittielynn

EC?

...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Old 02-25-2014   #16
Dammmmn

Like I said, it doesn't really matter....RIP Casandra.
Old 02-27-2014   #17
Guinness And Mohawks
So cut me open and hear me bleed

Guinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond reputeGuinness And Mohawks has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Guinness And Mohawks Send a message via Yahoo to Guinness And Mohawks

Tragic. I've been struggling with what to say about this. Still am. Cas and I bonded over so many things in our time together. She has left a mark on my life that will always be there.

Shamless Promotion: Check out The 2nd Ward
Guinness And Mohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014   #18
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute

She must have felt really alone and hopeless.

I hope that in the loss, at least her son might gain.

Suicide is sad.
Old 07-27-2014   #19
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt see this until today. I spoke with her several times over the years. Wow, this is so sad.

At the beach, life passes differently. Time does not pass by the hours but by the moments and moods.
Bamcubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014   #20
Jagged
Live, Love, Laugh.

Jagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond reputeJagged has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jagged

This is so tragic, such a beautiful life taken </3 ! Rest in peace.

Jagged is offline   Reply With Quote