Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > General

General If it doesn't belong anywhere else it goes here.

Old 08-24-2014   #1
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Read the book

Have any of you read this book?

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #2
Nami
Tome Traveler

Nami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond reputeNami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Read the book

I haven't read it, but now I'm intrigued.

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #3
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it was a little bit funny. Makes you think about how people go to hell. lol after reading that book, i dont believe there is anyone i know that's not going haha

Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 09-05-2014   #4
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

You should look it up. If you want to borrow it, I'll lend it to ya.

It starts off with a 13 yr old girl died of a pot overdose, but of course that can never happen, you later learn how she dies. But she's a sinner. 13 years old. Parents are rich ass movie star hippy mother fuckers. lol it goes on to say how most of the people throughout history who were on the "good guys" side, in Hell. lol

Turns out the devil was playing a trick all along and it's to be continued. Some how

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-01-2014   #5
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

I need a new book to read.

Shoot me some titles.

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

Old 10-03-2014   #6
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos

Someone recommended Ready Player One to me today. I haven't read it yet. I haven't even gotten it yet. I read the first paragraph of the plot summary on the Wikipedia page and though parts of it sound cheesy, I still wanna give it a read.

I don't know enough about your tastes to really recommend anything. I'm a huge sci-fi fan, particularly Isaac Asimov. I have a library of ~300 books* and I counted all of my Asimov (fiction, non-fiction, collections, etc.) books and was surprised to discover that Isaac Asimov accounts for about 15% of ALL of my books. However, I also like the overwhelming detail found in high fantasy. The number of books by JRR Tolkien comes in second to Asimov. It's not as high a percentage as Asimov though. I think I have almost 20 Tolkien books compared to the 45 or so Asimov. I'm so ready for the next book in George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire though.

* Books not counted are the ones in boxes that aren't good enough (or I don't know enough about and/or forgot they existed... I really need to go through my goddamn boxes of books...)

I honestly need to read more Palahniuk. I only ever read Fight Club.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014   #7
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

Yeah my first post is an okay book.

I like a lot of fiction.

Some of the other books I've read:

The Fault In Our Stars - John Green - This was a saddening book. A girl with cancer, meets a boy, love, death. I didn't like that they were 17 years old.

Life As We Knew It - Susan Pfeffer - I liked this. An asteroid hits the moon and moves it off it's course. Natural disasters aplenty down on Earth. I did like that the main character Miranda is 16 because she acts like it.

40 - Travis Thrasher - A man finds out he's going to die when he turns 40 y/o from an angel. It wasn't bad.

Adam Carolla's President Me. - This shits pretty funny. Lots of shit to agree with.

The Dog Stars - Peter Heller. - This was cool. Post-apocalyptic stuff. He's the only one with a plane and enough gas, but he wants to venture out. Maybe there are other survivors out there.

I want to a read a book based on someone my age, that doesn't have this super job where they have all the money they want, and aren't so charismatic and able to recite poetry from their head. I want some lowlife killing action, a good love story, and a profound ending.

Maybe I should write that book lol

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina