Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > Debate & Politics

Debate & Politics Fight! Fight! Fight! Keep your arguments clean, and be constructive about getting your point across.

Old 07-04-2004   #1
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute
A serious post by me for once..

Right now this is quite a serious post by me so try keep up..

I wasn't sure whether to post this here as its a bit of a debate or in the guys an girls thread....due to the truth behind it...

Say you had a long distance relationship, an one night your girlfriend went to a party an something was slipped in her drink, an thus cause your not there she was then raped later on....

now take in account that she was raped an you forgive her as it wasn't her fault, an vow to kill the fucker who did that her....now say later one you both find out shes pregnant...an it was coz of that night...

what do you do?

do you get her to abort it, because it was a mistake an its not your child? an everytime you looked at it you would see that night where you were not there to stop things from happening the way they did..

or do you keep it an raise it as your own child? forgetting how it came to be...but raising as your own an hoping the truth never came to light...

Last edited by Mr Stabby; 07-05-2004 at 05:50 AM.
Mr Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004   #2
psychoDiablo
Thx for the memories

psychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond reputepsychoDiablo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to psychoDiablo Send a message via Yahoo to psychoDiablo
Re: A serious post by me for once..

god damn.

kill him. kill her. then kill urself.

dude, i dont know the hell to do. i dont know what i would do. i mean, both of you never asked for this.
wow this is actually something i never thought about it...and to be honest, it's pretty sick.

hmm, if i were the chick and that shit happened to me, i'd get rid of the child before anything. that child doesnt deserve to be here like that, and that fucking guy doesn't deserve to have a child. Nah, why hide the truth, just get it over and done with and out of the way.

course you'll never forget it. but an accidental baby...nah. fuck that.

To chill is to be chillin.
Chillin is cooperating with your surroundings, unknowing'st of what everything is capable of; and all the while, as it happens and after, to accept without any thought of good or bad, but mainly, just enjoying rather deeply, the moment you had to sit and think. (Not thinking.)

|-Mr.MCR-|

Will you write
Will you love
Will you enjoy
Life when I am gone?
You will.
by Angelina

"I have lived life as horrible as it was, and as beautiful as it has become."
psychoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004   #3
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, first of all, from a girls point of view. I would definitely look at all the facts of either side of the desicion. There's abortion, which personally I don't agree with, but if they feel that there is a good reason behind doing this, then they should do it. If they feel that strongly about the fact that they would be haunted with the memory of that night and they weren't able to stop it, then that could be a reason not to do this. But the thing is, even if they abort it, they would only be stopping the product of that night, there is no way to stop the memory.

I'm not saying what i would do because I have no possible way of getting any real insight on this situation, but you read the above and figure out how that helps the situation.

Is this happening to a friend, or is it just a thought?

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004   #4
Mr Stabby

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo2
god damn.

kill him. kill her. then kill urself.

dude, i dont know the hell to do. i dont know what i would do. i mean, both of you never asked for this.
wow this is actually something i never thought about it...and to be honest, it's pretty sick.

hmm, if i were the chick and that shit happened to me, i'd get rid of the child before anything. that child doesnt deserve to be here like that, and that fucking guy doesn't deserve to have a child. Nah, why hide the truth, just get it over and done with and out of the way.

course you'll never forget it. but an accidental baby...nah. fuck that.
alright but how about we add to the facor that your girlfriend already had an accidental child before with her previous boyfriend an had to givethe child up to an adopting family an regrets doing that...

would you stand by her if she chose to keep it?

Quote:
Originally Said by Kortenie
Is this happening to a friend, or is it just a thought?
a lil of both really...
Old 07-04-2004   #5
superchicken002
Elite Member

superchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart godsuperchicken002 is an Almost Smart god
Send a message via AIM to superchicken002 Send a message via MSN to superchicken002 Send a message via Yahoo to superchicken002

Well, I don't know about this. Actually this same thing happened to me not too long ago (I ended up not being pregnant, thank God). For one, it is the girl's choice completely. Don't try and persuade her one way or another because either way it is a decision SHE will have to live with for the rest of the life. Even if she gets an abortion she will have that in her memory forever. If I was in her position I would get an abortion. I don't think it's right to bring up a child of rape but that is just my opinion.

The fact that she gave up a baby from a previous relationship and regrets it is tough to factor in. She might regret giving it up but that was a RELATIONSHIP. She needs to remember that this baby was not with a person whom she was with... this was rape. She might look at that child and remember that night everytime. There is no right or wrong decision here...

In my mind, I always imagine if I had a baby of rape how I would tell them who the father was when they questioned. Or if I gave it up for adoption that they will sooner or later question who the father and mother were...

It's a terrible situation any way you look at it... Best of luck
Old 07-04-2004   #6
Mr Stabby

thanks for your words there..

I do know what you mean, would I look in the eyes of the child I raise an honestly not remember the how it became to be..

Its the hardest choice anyone has to face really...I still dont know what side I would go with.
Old 07-04-2004   #7
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

i wouldn't abort. a child is a child, and i think the emotional pain of having it aborted would hurt more for me. i'd raise it for sure.
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004   #8
Mr Stabby

even if that child wasn't your own?
Old 07-04-2004   #9
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

A little of both? This is actually happening? Oh *hugs* I know you aren't Posting this on here for sympathy but still. You could use a hug. And yeah. I have to agree with Rob, he definitely has a good point. Kudos to you Rob. And i think, yes, even if it wasn't a child of your own.

Just because you aren't a sperm donor doesn't mean that you don't love the child as your own and that you aren't capable of doing so.

Fully alive
In futures.
Old 07-04-2004   #10
Wobbie
Is Back

Wobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond reputeWobbie has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Wobbie

Yeah, i'd keep it even if it wasn't mine.

Thanks Kortenie
Wobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004   #11
Mr Stabby

Yeah I guess I might as well come clean, this is happening right now...an yeah I would raise it as my own, an love it like my own....we're just not sure exactly whats gonna happen right now..
Old 07-04-2004   #12
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Just give it time Dean, that's the best thing that you could do. Let it sink in fully, and when it does, think about all the things that need to be done.

And irrational mind is the worst to think on.

Fully alive
In futures.
Old 07-04-2004   #13
Mr Stabby

thanks for your support guys, I will see what happens....so who knows I could even be a father....wow scary thought

Last edited by Mr Stabby; 07-04-2004 at 06:50 PM. Reason: coz I cat spell....thanks for pointing it out lol
Mr Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004   #14
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

I haveto say this: "Oh geez. Lord help the kid." Just kidding. Sure you will do a great job. That'll be one awesome kid. Learn to paly guitar by four.

Fully alive
In futures.
Old 07-04-2004   #15
Mr Stabby

hey are you intentionally making a crack at my spelling there?
Old 07-04-2004   #16
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Darn that's supposed to be play. My bad

Fully alive
In futures.
Old 07-04-2004   #17
Mr Stabby

But yeah, we will have to see, who knows this time next year, what the future holds....if anything this has made me realise the love I have for my girlfriend, we went through a rough patch...but this has made me realise some things, an that no matter what is decided that I will love her..
Old 07-04-2004   #18
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Wish there was more guys like you out there. Geez most of these Canadian guys are wankers.... I love that word...

Fully alive
In futures.
Old 07-04-2004   #19
Mr Stabby

Yeah well, Im not always the nice guy....I have really fucked thigns up along the way...an I have a feeling that im due for one last fuck up before im set free..
Old 07-04-2004   #20
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

I seriously doubt that. But who knows? you may have one more mess up, you may not? But whatever happens, lets hope this works out.
"All things happen for a reason." --Good ol' Mom

Fully alive
In futures.