Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > Media Room > Music

Music Discuss the latest in music. Talk about your favorite or most hated bands and artists. Music theory, tabs, and your recordings also go here.

Old 06-07-2004   #61
david
Elite Member

david has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond reputedavid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to david
Re: Your theme song

I like the AC/DC thing. Maybe Long Way to the Top.
Old 06-07-2004   #62
psychopatpl
*PAC MAN*

psychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by allpsychopatpl is respected by all
Send a message via AIM to psychopatpl Send a message via MSN to psychopatpl Send a message via Yahoo to psychopatpl

Quote:
Originally Said by Psychosis
Thats a bloody good song, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have some really good songs....have you listened to any other of their songs or do you just know that one from the movie Scream
lol to be thruthful i got it off dumb and dumber but after i heard it and i got some more of their music i never looked back... i love it its liek a mix of elvis and lounge music (evil lounge music )... both of which i like... im not even sure if ive ever seen scream lol

i like "do you love me" probobly the most out of their songs... not sure though.
Old 06-17-2004   #63
The Dead Poet
Newbie Member

The Dead Poet is just really niceThe Dead Poet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to The Dead Poet Send a message via MSN to The Dead Poet

I have to add something to mine.

For whenever I'm feeling like these filthy fucking humans should be crushed under my heel:

They Might Be Giants - Kiss me, Son of God
Alice Cooper - Just wanna be God
There is an old saying to the effect that King Midas for a long time hunted the wise Silenus, the companion of Dionysus, in the forests, without catching him. When Silenus finally fell into the king's hands, the king asked what was the best thing of all for men, the very finest. The daemon remained silent, motionless and inflexible, until, compelled by the king, he finally broke out into shrill laughter and said, 'Suffering creature, born for a day, child of accident and toil, why are you forcing me to say what is the most unpleasant thing for you to hear? The very best thing for you is totally unreachable: not to have been born, not to exist, to be nothing. The second best thing for you, however, is this: to die soon.'"
- Friedrich Nietszche, The Birth of Tragedy

How can you be so sure? Humans will never come to understand each other. You said that she is the person you love, but can you say that you even truly understand each other? All humans do is place themselves at a comfortable distance from each other and call that 'mutual understanding', 'spiritual unity', or 'true love'... but it is all lies! Man cannot associate with others without first deceiving themselves. That is the way that they were created.
- Krelian, Xenogears
The Dead Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #64
Rowerz

Rowerz is a jewel in the roughRowerz is a jewel in the roughRowerz is a jewel in the rough

Since I dont Have you - Guns and Roses

Because I recently got out of a bad relationship

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Rowerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #65
schism-
King Cunty

schism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond reputeschism- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to schism-

Tool - The Patient.

Look up the lyrics if you actually care.

I have the Downs.
schism- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #66
LiZzIe
Well Known Member

LiZzIe is just really niceLiZzIe is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to LiZzIe

hehe

Word up~Korn or....Ride~The Vines
LiZzIe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #67
notlob
rock star

notlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond reputenotlob has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to notlob

i wanna rock - twisted sister....lool an amazing song, with quite a meaning at the moment lol..got a performance comin up soon lol

Check out my music here:Bandcamp, Soundcloud
notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #68
Mr Stabby
Turned out to be crazy weird

Mr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond reputeMr Stabby has a reputation beyond repute

I guess with everything going on right now, a nice almost acoustic piece, with most likely female vocals really sums it up for me...

something like Bonny Portmore by Loreena Mckennit....its like the title song from the Highlander films, also it was the theme tune to the highlander series...

Also I guess These are the days of our lifes by Queen goes well too, maybe adding to that, Who wants to live forever also by Queen..

so yeah, a lot of haunted kinda acoustic maybe even slight opheratic(sp?) pieces...and by that I mean not big over blown, but the full orchestra or more just the string section playing something haunting and sad....

I think that would work well with me right now..

EDIT: Bonny Portmore aint the theme tune to the highlander TV series, thats Princes Of The Univeres by Queen...but Portmor did get played during the series on many occasions..

Last edited by Mr Stabby; 03-09-2005 at 09:54 AM. Reason: I was a lil dumb
Mr Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #69
ag0ny
Drowning in your awe

ag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond reputeag0ny has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ag0ny

Radiohead - Creep

T o T h e O t h e r S i d e . . .
ag0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #70
Hamana
jaaa, klar.

Hamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond reputeHamana has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Hamana Send a message via Yahoo to Hamana

Thomas Newman- Dead Already
Placebo- Every You Every Me
... 2 because the first is just instrumental

Hamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #71
Stu
Elite Member

Stu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart godStu is an Almost Smart god

Inertiatic Esp.- The Mars Volta

Love your Life- Silverchair

Yes. Because sometimes I get lost, and sometimes I lie and enjoy it.
Old 03-09-2005   #72
slayback666
Trainee Member

slayback666 should be rewarded

Cold by Crossfade

cuz i always seem to f*** something up with my gf (who is still with me, don't know how that happened).

"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel.......is just a freight train coming your way.
"

-Metallica
slayback666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #73
WhiteRiderSN

WhiteRiderSN has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteRiderSN has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteRiderSN has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to WhiteRiderSN

Know your enemy-Rage Against the Machine...odd about the avatar
Old 03-10-2005   #74
Sir Auric
ZOMGBBQCHEESESNACKS!

Sir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond reputeSir Auric has a reputation beyond repute

Ice, Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice

It's an inside joke...don't bother trying to understand.
With your hands, hold the rain.

I want everyone to remember how precious life is...I didn't think too much about the future until I created it for myself...now I'm a bit more mature and have a beautiful daughter. Don't cheat yourself of a full life, surrounded by the people, things, and memories that you cherish.
Sir Auric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #75
OutRadge
superman that hoe

OutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost SmartOutRadge is a knight of Almost Smart
Send a message via AIM to OutRadge Send a message via MSN to OutRadge Send a message via Yahoo to OutRadge

another one bites the dust - queen
OutRadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #76
Kortenie
on NERD PATROL

Kortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond reputeKortenie has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the day.

Right now it's either Broken- Seether feat. Amy lee or I Miss you-Blink 182.

Fully alive
And she knows how to believe
In futures.
Kortenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #77
Breaker
HARDENED TO THE point

Breaker has a spectacular aura aboutBreaker has a spectacular aura aboutBreaker has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Breaker Send a message via MSN to Breaker Send a message via Yahoo to Breaker

Evergreen Terrace - "Mad World"
Old 03-27-2005   #78
blackheart
Miss Rosemary

blackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond reputeblackheart has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage- Cup Of Coffee
I've listened to this song waay too much today, it makes me sad
blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #79
Thoughtcrime
I grew up to be black.

Thoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond reputeThoughtcrime has a reputation beyond repute

I can't think of one...there's a lot of songs I love, but none of them seem defining enough to be my "theme song"

Maybe California by Phanton Planet
Or Dumb by Nirvana
Old 03-27-2005   #80
Generico
Newbie Member

Generico is on a distinguished road

Bob Dylan - Clean Cut Kid

No brainer...
________
Depakote lawsuit info

Last edited by Generico; 04-20-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Generico is offline   Reply With Quote