Almost Smart  

Go Back   Almost Smart > The Lounge > The Blog

The Blog Post the crazy happenings in your life here. If it's interesting enough it may be moved to the main news page.

Old 12-30-2011   #21
EmperorChaos
All Empires Fall Into Chaos

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: The Christmas Count 2011

I want Spuds and Tala to meet!

C'mon, so many other AS'ers have met each other. Granted, I think I am the only one that still (occasionally) frequents this site.... so maybe it's not a good idea for people to meet me.

Still, I plan to meet Zana one day and Jenn one day and even PD if I ever head over to stupid ass California.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012   #22
Bamcubz
WIFE - MOM - ME

Bamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond reputeBamcubz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Bamcubz Send a message via MSN to Bamcubz Send a message via Yahoo to Bamcubz Send a message via Skype™ to Bamcubz

Since I have only my 2 kids and Tom to shop for, it was really quite easy. Ordered music books and a roll up piano for Brianna, bike accessories for Alex and kitchen gagets for Tom. Of course BB&B didnt have the cookie cutter I was looking for, so I'll have to put that off until his birthday in Feb. Other than that it was a quiet Christmas, and New Year's for that matter. Hopefully this year will be a better year all around.
Old 01-10-2012   #23
Pittielynn
sweet, funny and down-right CUTE!

Pittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond reputePittielynn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Said by Sweet_Miss_Etc. View Post
At last done shopping, but still have wrappin' and cookie-makin' to dooooooooo!

What about you, elusive Pittielynn? ;D
Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post

And I second ZP's What about you, Pittielynn?
Sorry about the late reply! I had to suddenly take off to Newfoundland on boxing day. I spent the week there, got home on New Years day, and then unpacked. Then the rush to get a scholarship application ready that was due on the 4th began. That was hell. But it happened.

Quote:
Originally Said by Jenn and tonic View Post
Merry Christmas everyone!

So, what did everyone get for Christmas?

I got:
A GPS (I was NOT expecting this at all, I was incredibly excited to get it!)
Postage stamps (sounds lame, IS NOT lame at all)
Gift cards (iTunes, Target)
What About Bob? on DVD (Sweet_Miss_Etc., if you have not seen this, I recommend this movie.)
a couple of seasons from a few shows I watch
Clothes
Special paper to use when I get my thesis printed
Jewelry from my aunt (she makes necklaces and earrings)

All in all a great Christmas. And I spoiled my family/friends right back this year. Because I can. ;)
I am jealous of the GPS. I have always needed/wanted one. Santa got one for "the family" this christmas. Dad is monopolizing it, but thats okay. I am also jealous of the gift cards. I told my parents no clothes, just gift cards for Dynamite and/ or Garage. What did I get? Clothes from neiter. In their defense they found gorgeous jackets and boots for my sister.

Quote:
Originally Said by Christian View Post
Mission accomplished.
I asked my sis to ask Weasel if he could let it snow ..and there was snow.
I second Zana's "Yay!" You guys rock.

Quote:
^ Yay!

In a nutshell, I got*:

** Assorted orange stuff, including an epic orange winter coat from my clone; orange hangers, a door hanger, candy orange slices, and a random piece of orange fabric (o.O), all from my mom. Orange.
Lots o' gift cards. Between my clone and I, we got over $100 in Starbucks gift cards. We also got some for amazon.com.
A bag of Starbucks French Roast coffee.
An awesome music writing journal from Barnes & Noble (they have many epic writing journals there):

A $75 spa certificate for a massage.
Moneh.
A random (but awesome) Edgar Allan Poe book from my uncle.
Far, far too much stuff....

From Shelby:
These magical Scottish terrier shortbread cookies... from Scotland! ^_^
Scottish breakfast tea. ^_^
An eccentric cartoon sheep keychain.
A card with Highland cattle upon the front.
^_^ ^_^ ^_^

The gift-giving this year was also quite fun. It was craziness. ;)

* How did I get inside this big bloody nutshell?!
I want your music book. It is fantastic.
Quote:

Haha, okay. Coos. Coos...! *Squint*
Not sure if swearing. :P

Quote:
Originally Said by Tala View Post
Now that my parcel has arrived, I can tell what I got :D

~ Some cards and letters
~ Some missed items from home, including my Angel series DVDs and my clarinet
~ Home-made candied walnuts
~ Assorted cookies
~ A contraband candle for my dorm room
~ Two boxes of chocolate pudding (something the UK has yet to discover)
~ A snow globe
~ CDs: Snow Patrol and Nickelback
~ DVDs: Persuit of Happyness, Julie and Julia, Sherlock Holmes, Fellowship of the Ring (not extended...), and two copies *sigh* of The King's Speech
~ Moneh
~ Music Creator 6, music writing software (something I had been asking for for a few years now).

So yeah. Lots of little odds and ends. All in all, it cost home $80 just to send everything, so I'm quite grateful :)
Nice list! I am envious of your CD and DVD collection, especially the acuisition of the King's Speech. I love that movie.

Quote:
Originally Said by Bamcubz View Post
Since I have only my 2 kids and Tom to shop for, it was really quite easy. Ordered music books and a roll up piano for Brianna, bike accessories for Alex and kitchen gagets for Tom. Of course BB&B didnt have the cookie cutter I was looking for, so I'll have to put that off until his birthday in Feb. Other than that it was a quiet Christmas, and New Year's for that matter. Hopefully this year will be a better year all around.
It's nice to have quiet holidays. I hope you have a good new year, too!

So here is my long delayed list:
-A grey Calvin Klein jackett with matching grey boots (First time I ever owned from CK!)
-A book case (I asked for this specifically because books were beginning to haphazardly pile up around my room)
-A visa gift card from my grandparents in NFLD
-A Firefly snowboarding Jacket that matches my board
-Makeup kit (This has become a tradition in my family)
-A new robe (I also asked for this specifically because I am always frozen after taking a shower in the winter, which I hate)
- Jeans (That I had to return because they were too big)
- A few sweaters
-A dress

In other news, my uncle died on boxing day (this was very sudden) so I suppose I also got a trip home for Christmas. Sad circumstances, but I was also very happy to see my extended family, many of whom I had not seen since we lived there, 18 years ago.

"Be strong while it's hard and laugh at it after it's over. You just gotta live." - Spadetje

All along I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more...
...One step closer.
o.O♠O.o

Almost Smart Store
Almost Smart Arcade
Pittielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012   #24
Christian
Super Moderator

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Christian

Late response but..

I got my parents a thermo-mug each as well as a bottle of Vodka that has the shape of the TV-Tower of Berlin, the tallest building of Germany. I aslo gave my dad a copy of Minecraft, a game that he's playing nearly every free minute since Christmas. My poor mom, but I told them that this game is addicting.

For my sister did I find a special kind of chocolate that she used to like as child. That sort of chocolate is named "Katzenzungen" (Cat Tongues) and this very special package had something special: It was Hello Kitty styled. Her second present from me was a reindeer 'costume' that she can attach to her car: ^_^

rentierkostuem.jpg

For me Santa had: Socks (yap, socks), a few new shirts, a toothbrush and toothpaste, a wet shaving razor along with spare blades, shaving foam, and an after shave balsam as well as a Antiperspirant. If Santa wanted to tell me something with that? From America did he bring me a fancy looking pocket knife tho. :D