View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015   #19
Blood Red
Bleed to the red

Blood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond reputeBlood Red has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Haven and Hearth

Quote:
Originally Said by Jabedin View Post
It's nothing like either of those, although it has some elements from Minecraft (like the ability to create things, although creation in HnH is an extraordinary feat). It only has roughly 200 to 500 players, the Russians being the best (and most ruthless) players in the game, although the Americans are a close second. Many people from the European countries play as well. You can form Villages with other players who essentially take over individual tasks so that the group flourishes overall (like one player takes care of mining ores and blacksmithing equipment, another player would take care of farming and providing food [food is the only way to permanently increase stats like strength and perception] another player would take care of finding curios (aka curiosities), foraging and otherwise scouting out enemy or friendly factions to trade with or kill (death is permanent in this game, so if you kill someone you have affected them IRL I'm sure). The PvP system is nothing like any other game I've seen before, it's like a mix between turn based and not turn based...it's somewhere in the middle, (I don't have a good way of explaining it). For example, a rogue in the game WoW has expendable energy which replenishes itself, well that system is slightly adopted in this game as well, however there's slightly more turn-base to it (without being actually turn based). Oh and I forgot to mention the significance of the curios I mentioned earlier. Curios allow you to add to your other stats (cooking, exploration, marksmanship, melee combat etc) you basically study curiosities you find or make and once you've finished studying them you get a certain amount of LP which you can add to points. Your natural stats are a different system from that. I hope that gives some more context.

Also, if you do decide to play, I recommend using Ender's client. I gave the game a solid 2 months of my time and it was pretty fun. I might consider playing again if it was with folks I knew

lol TLDR