Thread: Morning Routine
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014   #5
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Morning Routine

^ I *always* eat before work, two hours later on my first break, and two hours later on my lunch (a more substantial meal). I have a high metabolism, so if I didn't eat about every two hours after running around, I would start to feel faint, shaky, and low-blood-sugar-ish. I learned this from experience, unfortunately, when I "didn't have time" to eat before work and I started having those issues. So, I guess I have no choice but to eat.

That said, my morning routine is pretty dysfunctional.

My sister and I (try to) use a complicated system of alarms, because we suffer chronic lateness and have always struggled with waking up in the morning at a specific time (this may derive from having been home schooled and thus lacking a fundamental, engrained sense of time and timeliness). Sad, but true.

The first alarm is set 1 1/2 hrs. before I have to be at work (whenever that is; it changes constantly, but the pattern of alarms is always the same). Honestly, I barely even know the length of each alarm; I just know the last one goes off as late as ten minutes before I have to be at work. Yes. Then, in a complete, dazed panic, I stumble out of bed and into the bathroom: I put my shirt on, use the bathroom, put my pants on, "rough draft" clean my face, brush my teeth, finish cleaning my face, put on makeup, put my hair up, put my hat on, put on perfume. Then, I stumble downstairs, eat a bagel and coffee (which my sister kindly makes for me and herself* each morning). Then, I stumble out the door. I usually make it to work less than ten minutes late somehow.

That's life as I know it right now in morbid--though frighteningly still abridged--detail.

* Grammar fail?

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote