Thread: Love Wins!
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015   #22
Funk*Sonic*7
Im super cereal!

Location: Randomly by chance out of nowhere, b/c that's more plausible
Funk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond reputeFunk*Sonic*7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Love Wins!

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
Yes, everyone used to have the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. Now everyone has the right to marry someone of the same sex, too. Everyone gained rights!

Quote:
"I think everyone should be allowed to worship as they want to, provided that their worship does not infringe on others."

"I oppose discrimination based on race, gender, sex, sexuality, and socioeconomic status."
The question has to do with public policy and legislation, and how it affects society and individuals. If discrimination is an infringement on others, then anyone who disagrees with homosexual practice is forbidden to speak or act on their belief.

So children don't have a right to a father or mother, but same sex couples have the right to legally redefine marriage for all of society? Nobody is forcing you to accept man-woman marriage as the only kind. There are no laws forbidding anybody to live as if married and draw up legal contracts to share wills, property rights, retirement funds, hospital visitation rights, etc. If same sex "marriage" were recognized by the state, it would effectively force everyone to accept that behavior or activity akin to an immutable race, via anti-discrimination laws and also through government funding or spending relevant to marriage and families. The occurrences of case like Cakes by Melissa, Memories, Pizza, Barronelle Stutzman, Kelvin Cochran, the list goes on and on...

http://barbwire.com/2014/07/07/300-e...m-homofascism/

^ yeah that's another barbwire piece. can you point out where in the content of this piece is merely an echochamber of Christian and Conservative dogma?

I have no issue with political pluralism, but the moment you force a Christian or Christians to recognize the legitimacy of a behavior, activity, or relationship that Christians do not believe is moral and/or healthy, you are violating the tenets you espouse.

You don't want relationships limited to God's design and purpose for whatever reason, that's fine, you will answer to Him at the day of judgment, not to me. But the moment a Christian baker is forced by law to treat same sex couples as man-woman marriages, then you have forced YOUR religious values and YOUR morality on them.

This is the problem with same sex "marriage." If we believe in the first amendment, then the Federal government (as well as the states under the fourteenth amendment) can only legalize marriage in relationship between the couple and the government, not between the couple and the rest of society.

Quote:
Children do not have a right to their biological parents, a right to a mother, or a right to a father. We don't force single parents to marry to fill this supposed void, nor do we force biological parents to raise their own children.
Not every marriage produces children, but every child is born from a mother and a father. With single parent homes, the child is usually a product of divorce. This isn't the intended structure. Even if it was, there is still always a chance that an opposite sex partner can come into a relationship with that single parent and help raise that child. With same sex couples, the children is DELIBERATELY and INTENTIONALLY denied motherhood that only a woman can provide or fatherhood than only a man can provide for the lifetime of that relationship. Marriage between one man and one woman helps protect children by recognizing their connection to biological parents. If biological connections are obsolete, optional, and unnecessary, children are at greater risk to be used as commodities. If you don't have a problem with that, then all is left is to pray for you.

Quote:
You are welcome to have your own ideas for your own relationship(s), but it's horrid to expect society to follow your ideas of "natural" families as the only valid family unit, of heterosexual love as the only valid form of love, and of procreation as the only valid goal of marriage. Not everyone shares your religious beliefs and they should not be forced to live under your religion's rules.

I stated my reasons why. your retort is "just because you think this or that, doesn't make it so." Anybody can say that, rather than really get into the claims made and challenge them on their own merits. Do they hold up when tested? Just because certain ideas and behaviors exist, doesn't mean they are all the same and will have the same results.

Quote:
I am not a Christian, so I can have all of the enjoyable, non-procreative, unmarried, consensual sex I want to.
Thanks for sharing your personal private morals with us publicly. And that's just the problem with the left. The very definition and nature of homosexual ACTIVISM is what is making what should be a private bedroom matter, an in everybody's faces matter. For years whenever we spoke out against passing laws that publicly promoted homosexual practice as a good thing, we were/are met with the retort, "what do you care what people do in the privacy of our own bedrooms?" They themselves are the ones who are making it a public "in everybody's faces" issue, not us.

Quote:
I also enjoy the fact that you're pointing out your own key ideas to posts; perhaps you are getting help constructing your inane arguments. My "shallow" ideas of equality are not limited to the US, nor are they restricted to women's rights and LGBT rights. I think everyone should be allowed to worship as they want to, provided that their worship does not infringe on others. I think some courts are currently biased towards women with regard to custody, alimony, and child support, and that should be corrected. I think parents (regardless of sex or biological relation to the child) should have paid family leave time for birth or adoption. I think the draft should be abolished. I think the death penalty should be abolished. I think people should be allowed to sterilize themselves for any reason. I think people should be able to divorce their spouse for any reason. I think every person should have an education, including comprehensive sex education. I think people should be paid living wages. I think everyone has the right to health care, and that single-payer systems are the best medically and economically. I think everyone should have access to contraception and should be allowed to use it. I oppose discrimination based on race, gender, sex, sexuality, and socioeconomic status.

I think you're free to have your own opinions, but I'm also free to point out how discriminatory and disjointed they are.
Throughout your responses here, you have expressed that you believe everyone should have the right to believe and do as they please and at the end of it here you write that you opposes discrimination of any kind, which if legislated (if it is) cancels out all the rights you says you believes in.

So why should government give incentives and promote these kinds of relationships? What special benefit do they offer society when compared with other kinds of relationships? You have also made lots of "I think.." and "my idea..." statements throughout your comment. What are the reasons why you hold those views and what moral authority are you appealing to? Do you believe in absolute truth or not?

Um yeah, and this too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fjk...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Funk*Sonic*7; 08-01-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Funk*Sonic*7 is offline   Reply With Quote