View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009   #12
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Texas Women Who Kill Their Babies.

Quote:
Originally Said by EmperorChaos View Post
I don't believe there were keepers for this baboon-whatzit. The Scott Makakill or whoever guy claimed to have taken the pictures in the wild.

But yeah, I've also read other documented cases where non-human primates have continued to care for their young after they've long since died. I've never read a case where a chimpanzee, bonobo, gorilla, or orangutan (you know, the Great Apes) continued to care for its young after death.
This isn't just limited to primates.

My grandfather had a cow whose calf died about 3 days after she was born; after the calf died, for several hours the cow kept trying to nurse her anyway, and was nudging her over and over again. When they loaded the calf up in the trailer to take away, he had to have my uncles tie the cow back because she wasn't letting anyone get near her baby. She was crying the entire time; it was probably the saddest thing I've ever seen.

I see something like that in a supposedly brainless animal, then I see thsoe cases of women that kill their babies and think "what's wrong with humanity?"
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote