View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009   #2
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Microsoft, Yahoo! agree on Internet search partnership

Bahahaha... 28% (when combined) versus 65%? I don't think they have a chance, especially considering that it would be difficult to improve on Google.

I dislike how cluttered it is: if I search for "Deinonychus," I don't want to see "related searches" regarding "deinonychus food," "deinonychus habitat," etc. Any page with any deinony information will have all of that anyways. It also turns up 100,000 fewer hits than Google with that search.

I don't like the picture in the background, nor the seemingly-irrelevant-but-perhaps-sponsored links on the bottom left. Do I really want to know about Stephen Marbury just because it's a popular search? No.

Also, it lacks a published journal search, which renders it basically useless to me during the school year.

Google is simple, streamlined, and has the scholar search. I'll stick with that.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote