Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007   #50
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
I mean, is anyone truly without sin, or repentant enough, to walk through the gates of St. Peter?
No. Exactly. And, methinks, that is the whole point; everyone sins and no one can stop sinning entirely and practically. No one meets God's standards or earns salvation through human effort.

The only person who lived a sin-free life is Jesus Christ, which is why, by faith in Him (believing He is God and that what He did on the cross is true), God makes a person righteous and He saves that person from spiritual death.*

So, while repentance (turning from sin) relates to living the Christian life, it is not a prerequisite for salvation. Faith (alone) in Christ (alone) is the only prerequisite for receiving eternal life.

*Ephesians 2:8: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is a gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."

(Stolidly steps off soapbox.)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote