Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007   #46
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Religion

Little Jimmy: (Tries to pour cereal from box; nothing comes out) "Nothing...for breakfast?"
Announcer: "That's right, little Jimmy! Nihilistic Crunch comes with a little nothing in every box!"
Little Jimmy: "Gee wiz, Mister! Won't I be hungry for the rest of the day?"
Announcer: "Well, Jimmy, that's the cost of keepin' it real."
Little Jimmy: (looks downcast)
Announcer: "Nihilistic Crunch: Now utterly devoid of swirls!"

Just kidding. Nihilism has its place, I suppose (perhaps just not at the breakfast table ).

But ANYWAY,

this
Quote:
Originally Said by noisome
1. the jewish people are still waiting for their prophet.
2. the christian people believe that prophet was jesus.
3. the muslim people believe that prophet was mohammed, and that while jesus was a prophet, and was cool, he was not the son of god, and he was not as cool as mohammed.
is actually a really fine summary of the comparison between those three worldviews. Sums it up well. It's interesting to note that a frequent point of comparison is how each views Jesus Christ.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;

Last edited by Zanahoria_Picante; 11-24-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote