View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011   #5
EmperorChaos
Ruin you like this website.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
EmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond reputeEmperorChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to EmperorChaos Send a message via AIM to EmperorChaos Send a message via MSN to EmperorChaos Send a message via Yahoo to EmperorChaos
Re: South Park Ending?

Quote:
Originally Said by Funk*Sonic*7 View Post
After 15 seasons of South Park, looks like creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker are hinting that they've had enough, and will be ending the show soon.
This isn't anything new, actually. I remember when South Park was renewed at season 12. Comedy Central didn't want to lose one of its biggest cash cows and forced Parker and Stone into a three year contract.

I believe Parker and Stone wanted to stop at season 13 but it was Comedy Central that wouldn't let that happen. If you watch season 13, it is overall a good season with episodes like "The Coon" and "Fishsticks" (What are you, a gay fish?) and "Whale Whores" (Fuck you whrale!)....

....but season 14 wasn't all that great, imo.... although it does seem to have Parker and Stone (Executive Producers as of Season 13) trying to see how much they can get away with on Comedy Central. Consider the Mohammed episode and "Creme Fraiche".

I haven't enjoyed too much of this season of South Park. Wednesday's episode was the mid-season finale and, since I believe this to be the last season despite no official word, I expect the more controversial stuff to come in the second half of the season.

I expect the show will go on to critique its own benefactor (i.e., Comedy Central) as well as critiquing itself. The episode from the other night was liking the first half of a two-part arc in which both Comedy Central and South Park are scrutinized under light.
The first thing that came into being, void and without form, a lifeless lump, unfashioned and unframed, the Prima Materia from which all comes, influenced by forms and given structure by matter it becomes all that is, with increase in entropy it is into which all shall fall, endlessly and in all directions, a self-reflexive paradox.
-=-=-=-
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is." -Isaac Asimov
EmperorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote