Thread: Japanese beetle
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009   #4
hai Jay
Time for breakfast!!!

hai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond reputehai Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Japanese beetle

well now our freakin' tomato plants are being over run by tons of little green caterpillars. seriously, they've nearly stripped the two hot house plants we've got in the same pot. luckily our jalepeno, roma tomato, and hot house clone are surviving unscathed...but jeeze i've never hated a bug so much. and of course me freaking out being scared i'm going to get bit by one trying to pull them off, or that i'm going to pull too hard and rip it apart or bust it open horrifies me so i freak out trying to pull them off. redundant? they feel so gross when you squeeze them.
but i don't know how to get rid of them other than to constantly scan and pick them off. they seem more active at night, then we wake up in the morning and whole shoots are stripped of their leaves, save the little yellow blooms that form the tomatoes.

look at the pictures: healthy roma tomato, vs. raped by caterpillars hot house tomato. i just hate those little bastards. i don't care what kind of butterfly they turn into. of course if i find any cocoons eventually, i won't pick those off and fling them over the balcony, but still.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1762.JPG (136.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1763.JPG (142.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Panda; 06-28-2009 at 11:12 AM.
hai Jay is offline   Reply With Quote