View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011   #16
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Earthquake jolts Oklahoma

Well, they've been common in the last 3 years or so; people say they happened before then too, but I don't remember ANY happening at all when I was a kid, and they weren't common at all. It's just been in the last several years that it's been very active, and I hadn't felt any because they were often so minor that it didn't reach where I live.

There's a known fault line that goes through southeast/south central Oklahoma, but that's not where the earthquakes have been; for the last several years these earthquakes have been in east central Oklahoma, so there must be a previously unknown or quiet fault line, or else it extends further than the maps show.

Before the 5.6 earthquake there was another one years ago that did some damage, but it was before I was born, and my parents don't really remember it.

The video is not silent to me....but anyway the words aren't important (that newscaster is a little inane anyway), it shows some of the damage done to the building at the university.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote