View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008   #75
foxyphoenix
Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

foxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond reputefoxyphoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Christian's photography and stuff

Quote:
Originally Said by my.dragons.lady View Post
^ My mom freaked when she found me trying to teach myself taxidermy. I had found a dead black bird in our back yard and was trying to do things step-by-step from a book on my dad's work table in the garage. She got entirely hysterical and made me clean up outside then insisted I take another shower inside because birds have parasites and because it stunk because it was dead and I was pulling things out of it...

Still makes me laugh out loud to think about that But it was just as well because after she told my dad, he looked at some of my books and explained why what I was doing wouldn't work without the right tools and materials. And those weren't likely to be made available.

Maybe Christian could inexpensively mail that skull and horseshoe to your college address. Could be a nice conversation piece for a dorm room :.) On the other hand, dorm rooms get crowded very fast, so I hear.
My dorm is really big: I have room enough for a couch, a full-sized Papasan chair, a TV (roommate's), PS2 (roommate's), and a rabbit cage, not to mention the 5 plants that adorn my desk. I also have a patio big enough for a hammock and my neighbors had a hot tub until campus life told them to remove it.

All of my bones (a beaver skull, a coyote skull, a rabbit spine, a horse tooth, deer antlers, and a raccoon hand) are at home, though.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-
Carl Sagan

"It is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."
-
Charles Darwin

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected."
-
Chief Seattle

Almost Smart Store

foxyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote