View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013   #7
Jenn and tonic
"maaaaagic!"

Jenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond reputeJenn and tonic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenn and tonic
Re: Tornado hits Oklahoma City area

Quote:
Originally Said by Pittielynn View Post
Holy mother of hail... how did you even manage to get those without getting knocked out by them in the storm? I'm so glad to hear that you are ok. I hope all of your friends are too. Please keep us updated on the relief and rebuild as it progresses.
I did not walk out in the hail, those were ones that fell onto my back porch. There was some hail that was about as big as soft balls, there was NO WAY I was going out in that. lol.

All my friends are just fine, and at the moment I don't think anyone I know lost a house. Having said that, I know for a fact there are people from work who live in the area, but because of where I work, since we are in storm mode right now it's hard to know who's gone because they're volunteering with the relief effort, who's gone because they're working to rebuild infrastructure, who's gone because they lost a house, or who's gone because they have relatives who are injured/killed.

Also, I heard something this morning that made my blood boil. Pat Robertson, who I hate with a passion, said that the tornado happened because the victims "didn't pray enough." He also said "why did you build houses where tornadoes were apt to happen?"

I know Pat Robertson is a troll but that made me mad. 24 people, including 9 children, did not die because they "did not pray enough." I am not religious but I've encountered many people who exemplify Christianity and he is not one of them. What a hateful human being.
When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated. Thomas Jefferson
Jenn and tonic is offline   Reply With Quote