Thread: Aspartame
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010   #3
Yugoloth
-----

Yugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond reputeYugoloth has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Yugoloth
Re: Aspartame

Quote:
Originally Said by oceandream130 View Post
I hate that stuff...yet I consume it on a daily basis

A few years back, I switched from drinking an occasional regular soda to a diet (or several) a day; around the same time, I started noticing a major decline in my physical and mental health. My vision was blurring, headaches were constant, frequent vertigo, digestive issues, etc. It was awful. I started doing a bit of research and found all the studies on aspartame - I swear so many of the complaints other people had mirrored mine exactly. I started cutting it out completely and within a few weeks felt SO much better.

Mind you...I now have drifted back into the habit of almost one diet pop a day, but I really hope to stop doing this. I find I am more depressed whenever I consume aspartame-related products, oddly. It could be a pseudo-effect, but I do really believe I am much better off whenever I avoid that junk...honestly, who wants this kind of stuff in their body?

I also DESPISE high-fructose corn syrup. I pretty much never eat it any more (seriously, why is that stuff in everything? Sweets, ketchup, bread, sauce, yogurt - UGH!), and if I do, it's probably because I'm at a restaurant and have no idea they are sneaking that in there...I'm excited to see the movement against such artificial chemicals in food, even at the mainstream level. It's really frightening what stuff can be passed as "safe" in foods :/ I was so excited when I was in Chile this summer and NOTHING had HFCS in it because it's banned :D
Studies show that people who drink diet soda are more likely to gain weight than people who drink regular soda - so there's no reason to drink diet at all, just reach for the regular.
Yugoloth is offline   Reply With Quote