View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015   #114
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Assorted Digital Doodlings

Quote:
Originally Said by psychoDiablo View Post
Yea, I don't much feel like crying right now. I'm in the mood to laugh at stupid shit, like Always Sunny. I've been watching this show back to back.

How did you pick out a face to draw? Can you draw a face without having seen it?
You're crazy good at drawing. It amazes me.
That's understandable. You kind of have to be in the mood for it (I say, forcing myself to try to be objective). :) I've seen an episode or two of that show; Charlie Day is pretty great.

Most of the time, I base my choices of pictures on whether I think they will be fun to draw (frankly) and whether I think I will be able to draw them (frankly). When I want to draw a specific person, it's usually because they have inspired me in some way or I admire them for the work they've done or I simply find their face interesting and amusing or beautiful. This photo of Eddie Redmayne (that I attached to this post, just so you could see it) fulfilled basically all those qualities.

I know my copy isn't perfect, but it is a fun challenge, especially trying to draw it in Paint, which makes the process a lot more difficult.

Honestly, the only faces I've drawn without a reference are cartoons... usually cartoon animals. <:D That would be interesting to try, though...

And thank you. :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_nhspzexfm41rf29u9o1_1280.jpg (134.3 KB, 6 views)

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote