View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013   #19
Zanahoria_Picante
Orange you glad she's not a banana?

Zanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond reputeZanahoria_Picante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 77 Non-Religious Reasons to Support Natural/Organic One Woman-One Man Marriage...

Quote:
Originally Said by foxyphoenix View Post
Not defensive, just responding to someone other than you: both ComradeMarx and Zana talked about Biblical marriage. I also responded to your 77 "reasons" but of course you didn't view the link.
That's why it seems to make more sense to just directly present the Christian view of marriage because that is, underneath the surface, what that lady wishes to argue, but wants to use secular logic to do so. And fails. Oh so profoundly:

There truly is so much wrong with that pamphlet, and much of the critique that fellow writes of it is accurate, sadly. The pamphlet is duplicitous, poorly written, poorly representative of Christianity, logically flimsy, and really just a single, continuous, nigh-on-coherent train of thought broken up into points, none of which are strong, independent reasons.

However, there was one point that she tried to make that made me wonder:

The issue of a child being denied a father or mother figure, not due to extenuating circumstances ("single parents, divorced parents, step-parents, and adoptive parents," all of which involve a loss or separation of some kind), but due to the desire of two people to be together, due to two people's sexual preference; because of those desires and preferences, a child is denied a mother or father. Isn't that selfish? It really does seem like something could be lost there other than tradition. Experience, perhaps. A type of relationship, perhaps. A complete picture and balance, perhaps. It's possible.

..| |
.| | |
_____
\ love /-|
-\__/--|

"When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything."
Steven Wright

;
Zanahoria_Picante is offline   Reply With Quote