Almost Smart

Almost Smart (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guys & Gals (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Relationship Status (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26257)

hai Jay 11-09-2013 11:05 AM

Relationship Status

What's your relationship status?

My relationshit just ended. Or it's been over, but I just got him to move out finally. I think I'll get married before co-habitating again. Just not worth it.

I'm so ready to settle down. Have you ever been in a relationship that you KNEW wasn't going to ever result in marriage or anything serious, but kept dragging it out anyway?

foxyphoenix 11-09-2013 02:38 PM

Re: Relationship Status

Sorry to hear your troubles, Jay, but it sounds like getting him to move out is now a load off your mind.

psychoDiablo 11-09-2013 03:50 PM

Can't say that I have. My shits over when it ends.

Keep your head up.

Savage_Nature 11-09-2013 03:50 PM

I have been dating the same person for over 2 1/2 years now. We are going to be moving in just past the 3 year mark - I'll go ahead and say it's not because its been three years, but other circumstances that dictated when we moved in, namely she is in school somewhere where i can't live; however, I have dated someone who was poison to me and kept the relationship going.... she was good in bed, what more can I say?

psychoDiablo 11-09-2013 04:46 PM

Dude, take your boyfriend out to a new country. That's what Jagged did with her b/f and they seem to be getting along better now. lol

Sir Kent 11-09-2013 05:03 PM

I've been single for *counts* three years? That sounds right. My last relationship lasted two years and ended badly, so I've been like "eff dating" for a long time. Now I'm sorta kinda trying to get back on the scene.

I don't see any point in wasting time in a relationship that you know won't go anywhere.

Savage_Nature 11-09-2013 06:48 PM

I usually have a year or more single period after dating as well.

And Pd2 the girl I am dating now is not the poison girl who does great sex. The girl I am dating now is the awesome girl who does great sex.

foxyphoenix 11-09-2013 07:29 PM

My SO and I have our 5th anniversary this month, and have been co-habitating for most of that--first in dorms together and now that we're "adults" we have an apartment.

I had one relationship where my first thought after the first date was "Well, now I have to break up with him", but it took a few months of trying (high school). It just didn't work as a romantic relationship. We were, and still are, very close friends.

There was another asshole whom I dated for several months before he cheated on me; I dumped his ass immediately and then realized that my parents/friends/everyone had been right about him all along. It still hurt--even though he was a dickbag--mostly because I couldn't believe I had been so blind and naive.

hai Jay 11-11-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by foxyphoenix (Post 381290)
Sorry to hear your troubles, Jay, but it sounds like getting him to move out is now a load off your mind.

it was. but now i get spooked by every noise i hear. lol

i think i need counseling before i have another relationship haha

rosie-cheeked 11-18-2013 01:08 PM

I got divorced 3.5 months ago. We were together for 11 years. We're still friends, and have 4 kids together, so it's a plus we are still good friends, but I think I'm doing a lot better without him than I did with him.

psychoDiablo 11-18-2013 07:23 PM

Interesting rosie cheeks. Sounds familiar, but I can't sure.

Bamcubz 02-01-2014 07:59 PM

We've been together 10 years (Nov.) and will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary this Valentine's Day. I know I'm very happy with our relationship, he's a good caring man.

sa'alyg 02-10-2014 08:02 AM

I have been with my girlfriend for 21 grueling months.

Nah, it's been good. She's 5 years younger than me and sometimes I feel like I'm raising her more than anything but I love her.

Pittielynn 02-10-2014 11:43 AM

Raising her? That sounds a little creepy, dude.

sa'alyg 02-10-2014 02:58 PM

Does it? I don't think so.

psychoDiablo 02-10-2014 07:31 PM

Lol it could sound creepy. You don't "raise" your gf. Sounds chauvinistic.

sa'alyg 02-11-2014 02:31 AM

Well she never knew her dad until a few months before I met her. Her mom had 4 kids and was not in the best relationship or living situations to raise them properly. My girlfriend is the oldest but she wasn't really taught much about the world.

So I'm kind of showing her how life as an adult is and I'm providing for her in every way that a man should provide for his woman. I want her to be my equal, but she seems to be satisfied where she is, learning from me and looking up to me.

Anyway, I'm sure the word I used was prone to that misinterpretation and I should have recognized that.

psychoDiablo 02-11-2014 09:25 PM

Yeah, big fat B for Blame it on Pittielynn. She brought it up. Damn women who knows what's up about the world LOL just kidding Sal.

sa'alyg 02-12-2014 04:15 PM

hahaha

Pittielynn just hatin on a fly ass pimp, dawg. She know I got it and can't stand to see a brotha with game, gotta cut a man down to her level. S'aiight, tho. I ain't trippin

psychoDiablo 02-14-2014 01:11 AM

Lol Pity. Can I just call you Pity instead?