Almost Smart

Almost Smart (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gamers Hangout (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Haven and Hearth (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26325)

Jabedin 09-04-2014 04:51 PM

Haven and Hearth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6fIyvNvpXU

Above link is a game review by Projared for the game Haven and Hearth. It's a well kept secret of a paradise game. Well I'm here to help spread the word and the word is....
Seriously, give this game a shot!

It's one of the most challenging games I've ever played

www.havenandhearth.com

psychoDiablo 09-05-2014 12:16 AM

Re: Haven and Hearth

ah man u got anything else besides a link?

Jabedin 09-05-2014 10:01 PM

The game is free to play at www.havenandhearth.com, don't think I had to do much DL'ing

psychoDiablo 09-06-2014 12:54 AM

What is a paradise game? -in other words lol

Jabedin 09-06-2014 09:35 AM

Paradise-game was an exaggeration, it's a sandbox survival mmo. Projareds review sums the game up pretty good, I wouldn't be able to do it the justice

psychoDiablo 09-06-2014 11:23 AM

The Subway guy reviews a game. Is it like Minecraft or something? Or State of Decay?

Jabedin 09-07-2014 11:58 AM

It's nothing like either of those, although it has some elements from Minecraft (like the ability to create things, although creation in HnH is an extraordinary feat). It only has roughly 200 to 500 players, the Russians being the best (and most ruthless) players in the game, although the Americans are a close second. Many people from the European countries play as well. You can form Villages with other players who essentially take over individual tasks so that the group flourishes overall (like one player takes care of mining ores and blacksmithing equipment, another player would take care of farming and providing food [food is the only way to permanently increase stats like strength and perception] another player would take care of finding curios (aka curiosities), foraging and otherwise scouting out enemy or friendly factions to trade with or kill (death is permanent in this game, so if you kill someone you have affected them IRL I'm sure). The PvP system is nothing like any other game I've seen before, it's like a mix between turn based and not turn based...it's somewhere in the middle, (I don't have a good way of explaining it). For example, a rogue in the game WoW has expendable energy which replenishes itself, well that system is slightly adopted in this game as well, however there's slightly more turn-base to it (without being actually turn based). Oh and I forgot to mention the significance of the curios I mentioned earlier. Curios allow you to add to your other stats (cooking, exploration, marksmanship, melee combat etc) you basically study curiosities you find or make and once you've finished studying them you get a certain amount of LP which you can add to points. Your natural stats are a different system from that. I hope that gives some more context.

Also, if you do decide to play, I recommend using Ender's client. I gave the game a solid 2 months of my time and it was pretty fun. I might consider playing again if it was with folks I knew

psychoDiablo 09-08-2014 12:03 AM

lol can you embed a youtube video of the gameply full hd 1080 graphics pc hahahaaaaa

Jabedin 09-08-2014 10:32 PM

It's not the kind of game you'de play for the graphics(2/10), its depth and details are in the mechanics (9/10)
Then again it is FTP with no pay to play options

psychoDiablo 09-09-2014 07:40 PM

Let me guess, lots of reading and menus?

Jabedin 09-10-2014 05:04 AM

No, there's very little reading
There's a good amount of menus though

psychoDiablo 09-10-2014 07:31 PM

lol a lot of menus but little reading eh?

sounds like an oxymoron to me

Jabedin 09-11-2014 04:44 PM

Yeah there's no story, you're just plopped somewhere and you try to survive against the environment, hunger, other players, wildlife, the occasional cave troll

psychoDiablo 09-11-2014 08:04 PM

lol sorry dude but you lost me at Jared from Subway reviewed the game - lol ur second post, whatever u had said lol

Jabedin 09-12-2014 06:43 AM

Nah man, you like what you like, I like what I like
It's freedom, do your shit and I'll respect you for it
Tools ftl

psychoDiablo 09-12-2014 09:06 PM

Is it on steam?

Jabedin 09-13-2014 06:45 AM

No, you can only get it at their website. Download the Download updater on this below link. Ignore the rest of the walls of text on that page

Haven and Heath - Ender's Client

You would probably need the RingofBrodgar wiki as a guide to learn how to play, or you'll just die to a boar or some ants

psychoDiablo 09-13-2014 12:34 PM

lol ants, at least it aint worms

Blood Red 09-02-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Jabedin (Post 382322)
It's nothing like either of those, although it has some elements from Minecraft (like the ability to create things, although creation in HnH is an extraordinary feat). It only has roughly 200 to 500 players, the Russians being the best (and most ruthless) players in the game, although the Americans are a close second. Many people from the European countries play as well. You can form Villages with other players who essentially take over individual tasks so that the group flourishes overall (like one player takes care of mining ores and blacksmithing equipment, another player would take care of farming and providing food [food is the only way to permanently increase stats like strength and perception] another player would take care of finding curios (aka curiosities), foraging and otherwise scouting out enemy or friendly factions to trade with or kill (death is permanent in this game, so if you kill someone you have affected them IRL I'm sure). The PvP system is nothing like any other game I've seen before, it's like a mix between turn based and not turn based...it's somewhere in the middle, (I don't have a good way of explaining it). For example, a rogue in the game WoW has expendable energy which replenishes itself, well that system is slightly adopted in this game as well, however there's slightly more turn-base to it (without being actually turn based). Oh and I forgot to mention the significance of the curios I mentioned earlier. Curios allow you to add to your other stats (cooking, exploration, marksmanship, melee combat etc) you basically study curiosities you find or make and once you've finished studying them you get a certain amount of LP which you can add to points. Your natural stats are a different system from that. I hope that gives some more context.

Also, if you do decide to play, I recommend using Ender's client. I gave the game a solid 2 months of my time and it was pretty fun. I might consider playing again if it was with folks I knew

lol TLDR