Almost Smart

Almost Smart (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Blog (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jason the Monk (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22738)

EmperorChaos 08-04-2009 09:57 PM

Re: Jason the Monk

Quote:

Originally Said by Bamcubz (Post 350447)
The idea of Jason wearing a smock and little or nothing else is a bit scary. No we wont even visialize that. Wipe it from your minds children or you'll have nitemares.

It'd look like this... not that scary, right?

http://www.themediadrome.com/Images/...friar_tuck.jpg

Quote:

Originally Said by moonlight_serenade (Post 350448)
... OR you could become a Jedi. They get to wear robes too, plus you'd get a lightsaber.

You're right.... and this monk looks like he might just be a Jedi.

http://www.silvermane.com/acatalog/MR-100298.jpg

Except, you know, I'd be more likely to become a dark lord of the Sith.

Bamcubz 08-07-2009 12:33 PM

Material looks scratchy and just imagine those in SC - when its hot and humid. Yuck.

Zanahoria_Picante 08-07-2009 11:58 PM

^ Yes. I imagine that would be horrible. <:|

Of the three "yes" votes, one is from Jason himself.

Just thought I'd point that out. ;)

Though I agree you would make an EXCELLENT Jedi (or Dark Lord of the Sith)!

EmperorChaos 08-08-2009 09:38 PM

Yes. That is because I would make a good monk despite what all you naysayers say.

I might just join Mepkin Abbey in Moncks Corner, South Caroliona. They need someone to defend themselves from those PETA bastards. Now we can no longer get some of the best-tasting eggs in all the world because of fucking PETA.

Quote:

Originally Said by From the Mepkin Abbey Wikipedia Article
Egg farming controversy

In February 2007, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals released video of Mepkin Abbey's battery cage egg operation, showing debeaked hens crowded inside battery cages and a monk discussing the practice of forced molting. PETA cited earlier statements by Pope Benedict XVI on factory farming, in which the pontiff criticized an "industrial use of creatures, so that geese are fed in such a way as to produce as large a liver as possible, or hens live so packed together that they become just caricatures of birds" as being incompatible with Biblical teachings on animals.[1] Mepkin Abbey defended itself by citing their compliance with the animal welfare standards of the United Egg Producers.[2] Furthering the controversy, it was discovered shortly after the release of the video that many scenes shown in the video such as those of dead chickens of the floor, were actually shot at a separate facility rather than at Mepkin Abbey. In December of 2007, Mepkin announced on its website that it would phase out the egg production operation which had been its main income, citing the controversy and its disturbance of their monastic way of life. They plan to seek out a new means of income.[3]

Fuck PETA.

foxyphoenix 08-08-2009 09:56 PM

Fuck people who cut the beaks off of chickens and stuff them into cages so you can have omelets.

Sytrohs87 08-08-2009 10:03 PM

Can't they lay eggs with their beaks still attached?.. or am I missing something here?

EmperorChaos 08-08-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Sytrohs87 (Post 350639)
Can't they lay eggs with their beaks still attached?.. or am I missing something here?

No, because chickens are stupid and will attack and peck the eyes of other chickens. Even free range chickens will still attack and peck the eyes out of other chickens. Chickens are stupid creatures and taste delicious.

And some people don't seem to understand that.

foxyphoenix 08-08-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by EmperorChaos (Post 350647)
No, because chickens are stupid and will attack and peck the eyes of other chickens. Even free range chickens will still attack and peck the eyes out of other chickens. Chickens are stupid creatures and taste delicious.

And some people don't seem to understand that.

But it's certainly more convenient to have their nails and beaks removed when you shove four of them into a shoebox-sized space.

I have seen free-range chickens fight, but I know that the removal of beaks happens specifically in industry chickens because they have so many in such a small space.

It's absolutely ludicrous that such atrocities occur.

Sytrohs87 08-08-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by EmperorChaos (Post 350647)
No

So chickens can't lay eggs with their beaks attached... I feel so enlightened.

EmperorChaos 08-09-2009 02:52 AM

Ahh, you got me Andrew.

And let's all cry for the chickens. And then eat them.