Almost Smart

Almost Smart (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/index.php)
-   Front Page (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Server! (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22930)

Weasel 09-23-2009 01:22 PM

New Server!

Almost Smart has been moved to an upgraded server..

There might be some quirks since the site is now running a different version of Apacha / PHP / MySQL.

Please let me know if you find anything that is broken.

P.S. I do still plan to try to get the store back.

Grunt 09-23-2009 02:21 PM

Re: New Server!

WHAT!? You left ASO? Why!?

Weasel 09-23-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Grunt (Post 352742)
WHAT!? You left ASO? Why!?

Negative...I upgraded to one of their VPS plans. :smile:

We will see how running on ASO's virtualization plays out, but AS now has a dedicated 512 MB of RAM to play with, 20 GB partition, etc..

Zanahoria_Picante 09-23-2009 05:29 PM

Yay! :D

OHHHHHH CAN WE PLEASE HAVE GIFTS BACK, TOO?! PLEEEEEEEEEASE?!

*Turns Caps Lock off and goes to cry self to sleep...again*

But yes, well done, Mr. Weasel Sir! :)

Christian 09-23-2009 06:31 PM

Yes! Gifts gifts gifts!

*reaches a tissue to Rachel*

EmperorChaos 09-23-2009 11:10 PM

Thank you.

Grunt 09-24-2009 01:33 AM

NO gifts! Hate them so much!

Thats cool though. If I actually had enough sites to host and did reselling to friends etc, i'd upgrade too.
but i dont have enough income or interest.

Now... go fix the titlebar

Thoughtcrime 09-24-2009 02:24 AM

Can we have the who quoted me feature back? Plox? It's the only demand I've made for about 3 years :(

Christian 09-24-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Weasel (Post 352739)
Please let me know if you find anything that is broken.

The attachment upload seems to be bugged. I can't upload any images. Everything I get if I try is: "This is not a valid image file"; all the time with different images, sizes and formats.

Zanahoria_Picante 09-25-2009 03:39 AM

Huh. That's...wow.

For the past year or more now, I have been unable to view (let alone log onto, let alone do anything on) Almost Smart without using a proxy server: Rather obnoxious. It didn't occur to me to try NOT using a proxy, but I inadvertently did 30 seconds ago, and it worked! I guess updating the server must have fixed the problem (whatever it was...), which is awesome! Thank you, Weasel! :D

EmperorChaos 09-25-2009 03:32 PM

Rachael, when I first helped you to get back on AS via the use of a proxy server (actually, all I did was tell you you need to do that and you cleverly did it all yourself. Congratulations!) I told you to periodically check to see if you could log on with your regular IP address. Did you never try that? Also, did you never try to log on from a friend's house either? You mean my suggestions went unheeded?!

I am glad you can log on regularly now though. I tired of seeing your IP as proxy.guardster.com. I mean, what the hell is a guardster anyway?

Zanahoria_Picante 09-26-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Said by EmperorChaos (Post 352856)
Rachael, when I first helped you to get back on AS via the use of a proxy server (actually, all I did was tell you you need to do that and you cleverly did it all yourself. Congratulations!) I told you to periodically check to see if you could log on with your regular IP address. Did you never try that? Also, did you never try to log on from a friend's house either? You mean my suggestions went unheeded?!

Yes, I did try logging in normally occasionally. Actually, quite recently. But it did not work until the server was changed, it seems.

And I never had the opportunity to log in from a friend's house, since all of our "gatherings" are either here or "out and about." But yes, otherwise, I would have. :)

Quote:

I am glad you can log on regularly now though. I tired of seeing your IP as proxy.guardster.com. I mean, what the hell is a guardster anyway?
Wow, you're kind of a stalker! But yes, "guardster" is one of the several proxies I tried--the best one, actually (but a timed trial, of course!)--but one that inexplicably stopped working, along with proxycrowd. I normally used ad-free proxy, spysurfing, and/or ad-free-proxy-site. Unfortunately, some of the proxies will not let you view images or profiles or the member's list, Avatars, etc. Things like that. So I often had to use more than one simultaneously just to view AS. Quite annoying; I'm glad it's fixed!

Pittielynn 09-26-2009 09:53 AM

*sniff sniff* *looks up with sweet, adorable, pleading eyes* Arcade?? *pouts*
http://static.reelmovienews.com/imag...s-in-boots.jpg

Hamana 09-26-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by pittielynn (Post 352873)
*sniff sniff* *looks up with sweet, adorable, pleading eyes* Arcade?? *pouts*
http://static.reelmovienews.com/imag...s-in-boots.jpg

I want the arcade back too. I loved the bomb/coin game....but he never listens to me..it's like I am speaking a different language! :spchless:

Christian 09-26-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Hamana (Post 352880)
I want the arcade back too. I loved the bomb/coin game....but he never listens to me..it's like I am speaking a different language! :spchless:

Mh, get a rolling pin? Hey, Maybe Santa is getting you one for Christmas :D

^_^

Orgoth 09-26-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante (Post 352867)
But yes, "guardster" is one of the several proxies I tried--the best one, actually (but a timed trial, of course!)--but one that inexplicably stopped working, along with proxycrowd. I normally used ad-free proxy, spysurfing, and/or ad-free-proxy-site. Unfortunately, some of the proxies will not let you view images or profiles or the member's list, Avatars, etc. Things like that. So I often had to use more than one simultaneously just to view AS. Quite annoying; I'm glad it's fixed!

You know Firefox has a built in proxy add-on called Foxy Proxy which you can turn on and off from your Navigation Toolbar.

Pittielynn 09-26-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Hamana (Post 352880)

Turn yourself into Puss in Boots. No one can refuse those sad eyes. :wink::rolleyes::smile:

Christian 09-26-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by pittielynn (Post 352905)
Turn yourself into Puss in Boots. No one can refuse those sad eyes. :wink::rolleyes::smile:

Weasel is allergic, unfortunately..

..rolling pin!

EmperorChaos 09-26-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Zanahoria_Picante (Post 352867)
Wow, you're kind of a stalker!

Yeah, kinda.

-=-=-

Actually, the reason I periodically resolved your IP address was to see if you ever got the problem fixed.
I was always disappointed that I couldn't resolve the problem myself.
Now I am relieved to find out that it was a server issues, whatever it was, and that there was nothing I could do.

Zanahoria_Picante 09-27-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Said by Orgoth (Post 352888)
You know Firefox has a built in proxy add-on called Foxy Proxy which you can turn on and off from your Navigation Toolbar.

HAHA! Ha.

*Weeps*

Quote:

Originally Said by EmperorChaos
Yeah, kinda.

-=-=-

Actually, the reason I periodically resolved your IP address was to see if you ever got the problem fixed.
I was always disappointed that I couldn't resolve the problem myself.
Now I am relieved to find out that it was a server issues, whatever it was, and that there was nothing I could do.

A "kinda stalker" is better than a "stalker stalker," I always...never say!

But yes, I did appreciate your efforts; I'm just glad the problem was fixed, somehow, as well. ;) In this case, by the great and elusive Weasel himself!