Almost Smart

Almost Smart (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Earthshakes (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26300)

psychoDiablo 03-28-2014 11:46 PM

Earthshakes

Dude, there's been like 2 earthshakes in the like the last 2 weeks, or some shit. Supposedly, not more than 20 minutes ago, there was a 5.0'er in Northern Orange County. Not sure how much more North you can get when it's just a fukn cluster of cities around OC.

ANyways, there was another 4.0'er like 2 weeks ago or something. I forget how long ago, but it was recent enough.

I HAVE FELT NONE OF THEM.

The first one was in the morning at 630am, woke my mom up, I slept thru it to wake up at 645 for work.
Second was 20 minutes ago. Nothing. Although, I do remember hearing a faint noise in the background. As if the Earth was grumbling. I thought nothing of that sound, because it was probably a plane, or the train, or stupid cars driving around. But I can kind of scare myself, if I think it was the faint sound waves of a city 2 hours away being shook up by the Earth.

Fuck hurricanes, fuck tornadoes, fuck fires, and blizzards... because... Fuck earthquakes!

Savage_Nature 03-29-2014 07:34 AM

Re: Earthshakes

Nigga please the ground shakes and you're all up in a panic? Tornadoes are way worse, maybe a tsunami. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as you're not standing around anything tall that can fall on you earthquakes are pretty survivable aren't they?

Also yes I know a tsunami is caused by an earthquake. Maybe that gives it some points over and above tornadoes.

Sir Kent 03-29-2014 09:34 AM

Don't worry. It's just the west coast trying to escape from America.

Pittielynn 03-29-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Sir Kent (Post 382008)
Don't worry. It's just the west coast trying to escape from America.

One day...

psychoDiablo 03-29-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Savage_Nature (Post 382004)
Nigga please the ground shakes and you're all up in a panic? Tornadoes are way worse, maybe a tsunami. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as you're not standing around anything tall that can fall on you earthquakes are pretty survivable aren't they?

Also yes I know a tsunami is caused by an earthquake. Maybe that gives it some points over and above tornadoes.

Fool, you know when a tsunami or tornado is coming.

You can hear the Earth roaring. It's loud. You get a slight case of nausea from the shifting. They can last up to minutes at a time. And just when you think it's over, an after shock is on the way.

Lol if you're house doens't collapse (and it really shouldn't because of construct laws,) the earthquake shakes everything off your shelves and breaks all your glass lol

Christian 04-02-2014 12:54 AM

Some bigger earthquake just struck the coast of Chile, 5 dead, Tsunami warning and evacuations were issued.

psychoDiablo 04-02-2014 08:20 PM

Yeah pretty scary. I think it was a 8.2 or some shit. I didn't feel it lol.

Another thing about earthquakes being a bigger deal than any other natural disaster...

Earthquakes happen when you are sleeping!!!

Of all the earthquakes I've felt since I was born, they all happened when EVERYONE is asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsunamis and tornadoes can suck my balls. Anyone who isn't scared of earthquakes is lying and is probably the first one screaming, "we're gonna die!" when the earthquake is happening.

Savage_Nature 04-03-2014 09:55 AM

Man, fuck Earthquakes. I bet it would make me feel pretty uneasy - what with the good solid soil I'm so used to being stationary moving and what not.... but I would wager I would be much more scared of a tornado whipping fence posts and cows at me. Or a wall of water as far as the eye can see and tall as a sky scraper relentlessly encroaching upon me. Fuck that, what about a hurricane? Gale force winds and shit knocking down buildings faster than any earthquake could with rain that feels like acid eating through your skin. Stop being a sissy diablo.

psychoDiablo 04-03-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Savage_Nature (Post 382033)
Man, fuck Earthquakes. I bet it would make me feel pretty uneasy - what with the good solid soil I'm so used to being stationary moving and what not.... but I would wager I would be much more scared of a tornado whipping fence posts and cows at me. Or a wall of water as far as the eye can see and tall as a sky scraper relentlessly encroaching upon me. Fuck that, what about a hurricane? Gale force winds and shit knocking down buildings faster than any earthquake could with rain that feels like acid eating through your skin. Stop being a sissy diablo.

Fool what are you talking about? The people of hurricane katrina had a week to evacuate. You can predict weather patterns and pretty much guarantee a tornado and issue warnings to give people 20 some minutes to go underground.

Tidal waves don't just happen. None of that shit just happens. You need an earthquake to make a tidal wave. You can see tornadoes forming and hurricanes aka extreme weather, approaching on radar. All of those natural disaster allow you time to move. It's not, oh shit, a flood is drowning an entire city! No. It's an earthquake happened, razed all the buildings in the city, killed everyone and now a flood takes precedence.

Earthquakes just happen. Especially when you're sleeping. There is no warning. If it's an 8.0 quake, it doesn't rumble a little bit and then get stronger. It hits at 8.0 and can last up to minutes at a time. And that's not even it yet. There's aftershocks which can be just as strong, but most times a little bit softer, like 7.0. You could have 20 3.0's every 5 minutes. There is no warning and there is no where to hide. So yes, Fuck earthquakes. Thank you.

Savage_Nature 04-10-2014 04:42 PM

Hahaha got your feathers all ruffled.

Yeah man an Earthquake would suck. So would polio.

psychoDiablo 04-11-2014 08:00 PM

No more earthquake talk until it happens again and the news won't shut the hell up about a stupid missing plane.