Almost Smart

Almost Smart (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Issues & Suggestions (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Negative Reputation (http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21875)

Demento 02-27-2009 05:19 PM

Re: Negative Reputation

Who gives a fuck???? Really?

People positive-rep for equally stupid reasons. It's perfectly fair to allow neg rep for any reason.

In the end, FUCK IT. Its reputation on an internet forum. If people are having that much a problem with it, then go cry yourself to fucking sleep.

Jason, I really think you take modding too seriously. A "thankless" job? What the fuck should we be thanking you for? Important headlines like this thread?

hai Jay 02-27-2009 05:35 PM

Unfortunately, people aren't crying themselves to sleep; they're crying to the mods. So, to keep them satisfied, Jason and the other mods have to make it known to everyone the general guidelines for using rep or whatever else they are getting offended over.

my.dragons.lady 02-28-2009 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha ha! The hypocrisy and transference is downright funny :biggrin:

http://www.almostsmart.com/forums/at...7&d=1235805599

SketchImpressions 02-28-2009 02:50 AM

i cant belive you posted that. i was waiting for something like that to happen. i just didnt think it was gonna be you.

this thread was phishing for trouble.

my.dragons.lady 02-28-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Said by SketchImpressions (Post 333526)
i cant belive you posted that. i was waiting for something like that to happen. i just didnt think it was gonna be you.

this thread was phishing for trouble.

Yes, this thread was fishing for trouble, but why is the hypocrisy unworthy of notice and why should I not report inappropriate reps I was given?

In the 7th post of this thread you said:
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Said by SketchImpressions (Post 332972)
i have been neg reped inapropriatly, everyone has at least once.

i think the feature could be good. but it gets thrown around alot.

Jason also stated this in his first post:
Quote:

You should also NEVER EVER give negative reputation to someone simply because they gave it to you. If you received negative rep for giving someone a legitimate negative rep, tell a moderator who you gave it to and, if you can remember, when. Also, tell the moderator what post you were negative repped for as well as what post you negative repped the user in (if you remember) and any other pertinent information you care to share. I think receiving negative rep in return for giving a valid negative rep is a very shameful way to act (so long as the returned negative rep is not also valid!) and will likely result in a warning or a short ban from the site (after the moderator who was informed confers with the other mods, of course).

Demento 02-28-2009 03:18 AM

Both of you need to get the fuck over it. Why is it so damned important to you? You both sound as if your 12.

my.dragons.lady 02-28-2009 03:26 AM

^ The screenshot simply points out the hypocrisy of those discussing it the most.

Though I reported them, I didn't ask for mine to be addressed, doubt that would be done anyway and if they were it wouldn't matter because the same people will continue as they're wont to do and as moderators allow.

It's apparent that I get plenty of good reps and in fact only had a few negative reps until those in that screenshot.

I can't imagine why it bothers anyone for either negative reps or the evident hypocrisy to be discussed.

EmperorChaos 02-28-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Said by my.dragons.lady (Post 333529)
^ The screenshot simply points out the hypocrisy of those discussing it the most.

Though I reported them, I didn't ask for mine to be addressed, doubt that would be done anyway and if they were it wouldn't matter because the same people will continue as they're wont to do and as moderators allow.

It's apparent that I get plenty of good reps and in fact only had a few negative reps until those in that screenshot.

I can't imagine why it bothers anyone for either negative reps or the evident hypocrisy to be discussed.

Hypocrisy? Will you get over yourself already?

I made this thread because I saw that people will breaking the rules that govern the site on what is and what isn't negative rep worthy. As I said in my first post, "It has come to my attention..." I didn't say any users reported it.

As a matter of fact, I was looking through the reputation people have received, including you. When I saw that you and GD were giving it to each other back and forth (as well as other members I noticed), I deigned to create this thread.

The fact of the matter is that no one reported negative rep abuse. I took it upon myself to look into the matter. And, as I said, you were one of the people I noticed was receiving negative rep unjustly.

I told you in a private message that I have treated you fairly but you, in your resolved hatred of me, must overlook that. And as far as the negative rep I gave you is concerned, that was legitimate. You were essentially calling me a liar and a twister of words in a discussion. And what did you do? You responded with a negative rep to the very next post I made in that thread saying the same thing I had said to you. When I responded, clarifying my position, you responded the way you did that whole thread claiming that I was responding to you disrespectfully, that I was misrepresenting or distorting what you said. That wasn't the case at all.

-=-=-
Quote:

Originally Said by Demento
Jason, I really think you take modding too seriously. A "thankless" job? What the fuck should we be thanking you for? Important headlines like this thread?

How about not allowing the forum to be overflowing with spam? Or maybe we should let it overflow with spam. Maybe then you wouldn't want to come around here and contribute nothing to the site.

Quote:

Originally Said by Demento
Both of you need to get the fuck over it. Why is it so damned important to you? You both sound as if your 12.

Some people, like myself, first came to the site and received positive reputation for my debates. Then a bunch of assholes thought it would be funny to start negative repping me for no reason. I don't really care any more considering I probably have the most rep of anyone besides spadetje, but I still feel that it is part of my duty as a moderator to look after the newer members.

I don't even know why we have negative rep. If I could remove it, I would, because all it does is generate abuse and argument.

Funk*Sonic*7 02-28-2009 07:13 AM

Why don't you just get rid of the neg rep feature altogether?

EmperorChaos 02-28-2009 07:18 AM

I cannot. Only an administrator can alter such aspects of the forum.

Funk*Sonic*7 02-28-2009 07:36 AM

All in all, I agree with Demento's stance on this whole neg rep thing. That is, who cares?! Do any of you lose sleep over it or feel your blood pressure rise when you get a neg rep, because of the "unwarranted" neg reps you may receive? If your answer is YES or maybe to that question, you need to check your head, learn to chill, and really think about what you're doing with your life.

I try really hard not to use the negative rep feature whether I feel it's warranted or not.
I have a small handful of times, since I've joined this forum. But again, I try really hard not to regardless of what somebody writes to me. I started using the ignore feature on one or two certain members, and I think that's been a great help avoiding drama. But that's not full proof either, because if some other member wants to respond to it and "quotes" it, then you will see it. If you don't agree with somebody or don't like how they responded to you, then either voice your rebuttal constructively within that thread, or simply ignore completely. Ignore feature works pretty well overall.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...this is an online chat forum, which is pseudo-social. For those of us who spend a lot of time on here, which I would define as anything more than a 2-3 times a week and more than a half hour to an hour in duration each time, we (including myself) all need to get out of the house more, and spend more time having real face-to-face active social lives.

hai Jay 02-28-2009 08:30 AM

i thought we weren't supposed to copy our reps to the forum or bring them into forum discussion? or something. anyways, all her negative reps she's showing are legit. but this thread was about da rulz, not about whining and aruging over rep.

Also jason, how can you view things like that on our personal accounts, and what else are you allowed to view without our permission? Does that not involve violating our privacy?

EmperorChaos 02-28-2009 10:26 AM

I assure you nothing that NO ONE can do anything that constitutes a violation of privacy, not even a forum administrator.

-=-=-

On another note, Jasmine has been banned for an entire month for literally flooding my.dragons.lady with negative reps. I doubt MDL has even noticed yet... but it has been dealt with.

She must have thought I wasn't serious or something.

Blood Red 02-28-2009 10:31 AM

haha, BANNED! ohwell...

Demento 02-28-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Said by Durin's Bane (Post 333535)
The fact of the matter is that no one reported negative rep abuse. I took it upon myself to look into the matter. And, as I said, you were one of the people I noticed was receiving negative rep unjustly.

No one reported it... therefore no one had a problem with it?

Quote:

How about not allowing the forum to be overflowing with spam? Or maybe we should let it overflow with spam. Maybe then you wouldn't want to come around here and contribute nothing to the site.
The problem is that your definition of spam also constitutes the deletion of threads and posts. Contribute nothing? Since when is this forum a god damned collective farm? There is no obligation to donate anything.

Quote:

Some people, like myself, first came to the site and received positive reputation for my debates. Then a bunch of assholes thought it would be funny to start negative repping me for no reason. I don't really care any more considering I probably have the most rep of anyone besides spadetje, but I still feel that it is part of my duty as a moderator to look after the newer members.
It is an indoctrination process. If someone cannot handle a few negative reps, they certainly cannot handle any harsh words that may come up later in some debate. Half the tools that first register are downright retarded and treat these boards like a world of warcraft forum If there was no 'abuse;
then these people would stay.

Jenn and tonic 02-28-2009 02:53 PM

Jason, stop looking through the reputation people receive. It's none of your business unless someone complains.

EDIT: The way I see it, all of your rule-making started this argument about rep in the first place; otherwise it wouldn't have been an issue. The rules as Weasel drew them up for rep work just fine.

pitcairnpete 02-28-2009 04:18 PM

Fuck off Durin.

If you do not like the surface of the road, then do not use it.

If you do not like the area a house is in, then do not live in it.

If "widdle old jason" can not take a bit of software then stop using it.

Oh and jason

remember that massive fucking post you made about how your life was none of our concern, then might I say that our fucking actions are none of your concern you fat sad lonely little man.

Get off of your fucking soapbox you cunt and leave people and their information alone.

Aw fuck it,

MDL, stick it up your arse with the constant whining lately

Jasmine, it is due to you and your arse licking that this has happened

PD (you look like tony soprano minus the money and the power)

So you can all just shut the bloody hell up and get on with it. I remember once I was complaining about the neg rep situation, then I realised I sounded like a bell end and decided to stop.

Jenn and tonic 02-28-2009 04:36 PM

on that note, this thread has, from the beginning, just been --to quote another mod--a breeding ground for negative rep abuse and complaints, which is against the rules in the first place.

Thread closed.

Zero 02-28-2009 09:37 PM

Don't really know whats going on here. Stop fucking banning people you fucktard.

This site lives off it's dedicated members.

fix'd

EmperorChaos 03-01-2009 09:43 PM

Go back to the shadow.